Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive been reading alot of the posts about the 1.8 rockers, some say get some say dont get. I dont plan on opening up my engine as this is my daily driver and i also need to tow with it. I did however aquire a set of harland sharp 1.8 roller rockers for 200 bucks. I really just need to know if i need to get better valve springs? I do have a short list of mods and i would like to finish with these rockers,3200stall,efans,and underdrive pulley. I would think i could get atleast a 13.0 out of the setup im working on. Thanks for any info you all could give me.

current mods...
superchips tuner
160 thermo
ieatsrt8 CAI

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
man i expected more replies about this subject!! I dont see why its so taboo to do the 1.8swap ratio increases have been done on lots of vehicles. I ve even done it on my grand national.

·
Banned
Everything I work on
2,917 Posts
The 1.8's will require a different spring and retainer as you've increased the lift by about .028". The Harland's also require a longer pushrod.

DD you say? Leave the rockers alone unless you're just doing a trunion upgrade.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Billy, all Harlands require a longer pushrod or only the 1.8's being discussed here?? I was under the impression (going by the wording on the Harland site) that the 1.7's were a direct replacement for the stockers (dont require different length rods)?? Although AFR heads need to be clearanced for them :)

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
waste of money

gain/cost ratio isnt worth the cost...

leave em alone..

Greg,

What about a set of harland 1.7's for $100, when going with new H/C set up? lol

·
Banned
Everything I work on
2,917 Posts
Billy, all Harlands require a longer pushrod or only the 1.8's being discussed here?? I was under the impression (going by the wording on the Harland site) that the 1.7's were a direct replacement for the stockers (dont require different length rods)?? Although AFR heads need to be clearanced for them :)

1.7's on 15* heads one will utilize the stock pushrod or at least pushrod length. The 1.8's on any head require different pushrods to correct the valve train geometry.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Preach on..lol

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
know anybody who wants a set of harland sharp 1.8's for 220?

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
1.7's on 15* heads one will utilize the stock pushrod or at least pushrod length. The 1.8's on any head require different pushrods to correct the valve train geometry.
SLP claims you can use the stock push rods with their 1.85's WTF! are they bullshittin peeps??

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
got rid of them and ordered my 3200 stall from circle D! I would assume this was a better choice!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts