Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3SS TBSS
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever mess with these? I assume they retain factory ride hieght. Pretty cheap $$ wise

Attachments

·
SSlow & high!
TrailblazerSS
2,256 Posts
Tony sells the complete Belltech conversion rear kit for $325. I would go with a sure thing, the kit from Tony :2cents: oh and you have 3 ride height choices with Tony's kits.

·
Registered
3SS TBSS
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I plan on because I'm wanting to lower mine. But just a thought for guys wanting to stay at factory height.

·
SSlow & high!
TrailblazerSS
2,256 Posts
:coolthumb:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
775 Posts
I've never installed one on an SS but we use these kits here at the dealer for the standard trailblazers/Envoys quite often as its much cheaper for the customer then replacing the compressors and or bags plus no future trouble.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
109 Posts
FWIW, I just put these on yesterday. My airbags finally gave up the ghost and I couldn't swing Tony's kit since I'm still paying off the kid's Christmas. These were $60 shipped to my door, and got here in 2 days. They are what they are....stock (ugly) ride height and ride quality is marginally better than the bags. For the price, they are a fine band-aid until I replenish my mod budget. Be warned, they are more of a pain to install than drop springs. I had to pull the tires and drop the axle to the limit of the brake lines to get these in. Pics on request for anyone who is considering these.

- Flash

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
109 Posts
How'd you manage that, if you don't mind my asking? Rock Auto has them for $87.79 plus shipping (at least when I put them in the cart).

Do a part number search for 81047, made by MOOG. $47.99 + the ride. They are the constant rate, I think the variable rate are more expensive.

- Flash

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,399 Posts
i installed one of thier kits and lifted the back to 33.75 ground to fenderlip customer was upset and returned them. Well at least your happy all that matters

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
109 Posts
i installed one of thier kits and lifted the back to 33.75 ground to fenderlip customer was upset and returned them. Well at least your happy all that matters

Lol not happy at all actually. It's ugly as hell. But like I said, it works as a band-aid until I can afford one of your kits.

- Flash

1 - 10 of 10 Posts