Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
phoneix
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with the rob cam got any timing, of what they put down at the strip???

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
rob style is the cam i always wanted.. track times depend on mods/combo
but i heard its good for 25-35 rwhp.. with a nice chop but good dd

then the attitude would make more power im guessing 40-50rwhp but lose a bit more mpg

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
I gained 3mpg hwy with my cam and other mods over stock. I would assume the same gains could be achieved with the attitude or rob cam.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
:iamwithstupid:

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Tune has a lot to do with it as well. I dont see even a good mail order tune working. I run the Vengeance VRX3 cam. Its a 226/228 .584/.588 114. My cam really isnt that special. It gets the job done though.

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
21.5mpg @ 65mph.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Not any more

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Says who? Thats what it got dialed in as it sat before the FAST intake and 42# injectors. Just got it dialed in for all that. Havent checked it.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
905 Posts
What about attitude? Work for a dd?

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,159 Posts
The attitude is awesome for a dd,not so great for rear tires though. I average right at 18 mpg at 75-80 mph

·
Registered
phoneix
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My truck went [email protected] with the Rob cam and bolt ons. Thats AWD, stock stall converter and on 17's. Its an awesome cam for a truck thats driven everyday.
no shit those are some pretty good times... Are you on a stock tranny? I am highly debating a converter or this rob cam, I am trying to ride out this tranny as long as possible before a rebuild lollll

·
Registered
phoneix
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The attitude is awesome for a dd,not so great for rear tires though. I average right at 18 mpg at 75-80 mph
yea i can only imagine how fun it is riding with this cam, I never drive highway, i live like 10 miles away from work, and not to sound like a cheap ass but i cant see my self riding at 8-10 mpg. (thats what i been seeing on mpg)

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS AWD
2,178 Posts
What about attitude? Work for a dd?

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt
you switch to the attitude cam?(your sig)
which do u prefer?
It all depends on the person and what you use your truck for.

I recently had a lifter fail on me which destroyed my Rob cam. I decided to go bigger and get the Attitude now that I don't drive my truck nearly as much as I was a few months ago. At the time of having the Rob cam I was living in Syracuse, NY going to school full time. With the cutout closed, I had no problem not waking my neighbors up every morning as the chop was pretty minimal through the Magnaflow. The Rob cam is a great cam if you're looking to gain ~20whp, only take a small dip in gas mileage and have some chop at idle.

The attitude is much choppier due to the lower LSA than the Rob. I personally wouldn't put it in a truck that is driven everyday. City gas mileage also did decrease over the Rob cam.

That being said, I love this cam and it puts a smile on my face everytime I fire up the truck. Its ridiculous how much attention it gets now. As far as performance the truck is definitely quicker but I also added LS7 lifters, 42lb injectors and 4 more degrees of max timing.

no shit those are some pretty good times... Are you on a stock tranny? I am highly debating a converter or this rob cam, I am trying to ride out this tranny as long as possible before a rebuild lollll
Yes stock trans and stall. I refuse to do a stall until I can swing for a built trans.

If you're staying stock stall for awhile you will definitely want to go with the Rob cam. The surge at stop lights was very minimal compared to what I'm getting now with the attitude and the stock converter. I need a stall ridiculously bad now.

·
Registered
2006 silver 2wd
364 Posts
I have the Rob cam but no track times...It did put down 410rwhp at PCMforless' dyno,of course every dyno is different. Also drive 80 miles a day through Atlanta.

For all out max effort cam: Attitude...DD and to have some fun: Rob Style. Just depends what you really want.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
It all depends on the person and what you use your truck for.

The Rob cam is a great cam if you're looking to gain ~20whp, only take a small dip in gas mileage and have some chop at idle.

The attitude is much choppier due to the lower LSA than the Rob. I personally wouldn't put it in a truck that is driven everyday. City gas mileage also did decrease over the Rob cam.

That being said, I love this cam and it puts a smile on my face everytime I fire up the truck. Its ridiculous how much attention it gets now. As far as performance the truck is definitely quicker but I also added LS7 lifters, 42lb injectors and 4 more degrees of max timing.

Yes stock trans and stall. I refuse to do a stall until I can swing for a built trans.

If you're staying stock stall for awhile you will definitely want to go with the Rob cam. The surge at stop lights was very minimal compared to what I'm getting now with the attitude and the stock converter. I need a stall ridiculously bad now.
thanks for the info! im debating on one of these 2 cams for a birthday present to myself in a few months!

I'm awd with boltons also and i am seeing 14.5+ DIC 95% city driving

and im wonder what your mpg were looking like with the rob vs. Attitude cam!(i know you said you lost some with attitude but im looking for #s if you can remember)

Any idea how much WHP the attitude makes over the rob? a big seat of the pants notice at WOT?

thanks, Steven

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Good info on the cams guys! Mine is custom and I don't really know the specs but it does some thumping!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts