Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi its a 2008 ss awd 43K. I recently moved from cali back to ohio on the drive back the tire monitor light came on the dash several times and a steering wheel light went out so I took it in, got the steering wheel light fixed and they check out the light saying they reset the warning light for free. I get it back and notice a few days later the right rear is sagging and the air compressor is not turning on so i take it back.

I get it back today and they said they replaced the sensor in the rear right, the truck is level now but the air compressor does not turn on when i turn the truck off or on. It used to turn on when i turned the truck on and raise the back end and then turn on again when i turned the truck off and lower it back down. It just stays at ride height i guess now. Is it suppose to stay at ride height at all times or should it do what it did before lower down then raise back up? Im on pre deployment leave and don't have time to have it sit at the dealership right now. Any help is much appreciated Thanks, also its all stock except for resonator delete.

·
Premium Member
Black 2006 SS
1,928 Posts
You probably had a small leak before that would lower the bags and the compresser was kicking on to air them up. I'm not sure why it would come on when you turned you switch off. But anyway, if it's at the right height, then your compresser won't kick on. It should only come on when the bags are low on pressure.

God bless!

Scott

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok I was just confused and the dealer couldn't tell me what was wrong i thought it was suppose to come on and lower the truck when you turn it off and come on again when you turn the car on, they didn't say anything about a slow leak when they replaced the sensor. Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
Black 2006 SS
1,928 Posts
ok I was just confused and the dealer couldn't tell me what was wrong i thought it was suppose to come on and lower the truck when you turn it off and come on again when you turn the car on, they didn't say anything about a slow leak when they replaced the sensor. Thanks for the help
Anytime, most dealerships don't know anything more than what GM tells them. It sounds like the sensor that they replaced could have been deflating the bags. I've never heard of that before, but nothing would surprise me about this Mickey Mouse air ride set up that we have.

God bless!
Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts