Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1311 Posts

·
Administrator
17,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the old 06 is getting a once over this winter. Just turned 40k on the odometer and its going to get a bumper to bumper cosmetic work over along with a new power plant.

As some of you know this truck has had about every bolt-on from most the old vendors including tunes and intakes from ADM, PCMforless (PCM of NC), Westers, Fast Motorsports and Vector. Back in the old days when a tune, 4" intake, UD pulley and E-fans was a bad truck on the forums !

Anyway, with the help of Matt (LT1Z) I have a new Texas Speed 408 stroker on order with all Callies forged internals. PRC ported heads, bolt upgrades and of course a special bumpstick from Matt.

For the exterior I have a new Scott's hood coming in carbon fiber that I am going to paint like Greg (two-tons). Ordered a new rear valance from True Blue with quad tips and am going to sell my current Kooks 1 3/4" setup with Kooks high flow cats and go with 1 7/8" and new dual exhaust without cats out the back.

The plan is to jerk the motor in about 3 weeks and clean everything up. Painting fender wells and touch up the frame, etc before dropping the 408 back in.

Ordered a LSXrt intake from Matt and have a 102mm Nitrous Outlet plate coming to replace my current 90mm unit. Sometime between now and when the snow melts I hope to find a deal on a Nick Williams 102 throttle body.

Planning on reworking the wire loom around the engine and installing better looking valve covers and powdercoating a few parts.

If I get some extra time/money I might talk to Tony about doing something different with the suspension to improve the ride over the lowering collars I have now.

Will post pictures as the project progresses.

As it sits

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
Rich I followed you build from way back in the day. I probably visited your website on TBSS mods like a million times. Can't wait to see this new chapter turn out. Good Luck!

·
making friends daily
9,330 Posts
:popcorn3:

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
If this is anything like the first build, it's going to be top notch. Rich doesn't cut corners nor does he ignore any details. I'm really looking forward to seeing this completed.

·
Administrator
17,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Everyone. Looking forward to getting parts. REALLY thankful for Matt keeping me straight as I am not up to speed on some of what is available.

Need to go up to my old mans and get my engine stand. Was thinking the last thing that stand was ever going to see was a small block chevy :coolthumb:

Only thing to show so far is cosmetic related. True Blue Motorsports rear valance and tips. Should improve the view for the Mustang drivers.

·
Premium Member
4,748 Posts
YES!

"Only thing to show..."

Dude, those tips MAKE the truck!

;)

·
Premium Member
4,748 Posts
Mustang night. :rofl:

We can both participate now!!!

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Cant wait to hear it and see it Rich. 40k is getting up there, lol..
Should be awesome!!!

·
Administrator
17,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Sounds homo to me.
Yea perfect for this site ~TTT

Cant wait to hear it and see it Rich. 40k is getting up there, lol..
Should be awesome!!!

Thanks Pete, the parts list seems to keep growing. SMH !

• Texas Speed 408 using LY6 block
  • Callies CompStar crank
  • Callies 6.125' H-beam Connecting Rod Set
  • Wiseco -3cc pistons
  • ARP bolts including main studs, 12 Pt. Head Studs, Cam bolts, flex plate and TC.
  • Precision Race Components 237cc CNC ported Heads w/ TSP trunion upgrade
  • LS7 Lifters, 5/16 push rods
  • Rollmaster single roller chain
  • LS6 Ported oil pump
  • Matt (LT1Z) custom spec'd cam
  • PCM of NC oil pickup upgrade
  • Fast LSXrt intake (grey)
  • Fast Fuel rails (black)
  • LS3 flow matched injectors & adapters
  • PCM of NC Fast fuel line kit
  • Nitrous Outlet 102mm N20 plate
  • Nick Williams 102mm drive by wire
  • Holley Valve Covers
  • Kooks 1 7/8 stainless headers
  • TCM upgrade from PCM of NC
  • Ati Damper
  • Walbro 450 fuel pump

·
making friends daily
9,330 Posts
Sounds like a good combo :cheers1:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Awesome project and props to takin this on to refresh your ride, sounds like with 40K miles it needs it.... Ha. Why are you getting rid of the AWD?

1 - 20 of 1311 Posts
About this Discussion
1.3K Replies
88 Participants
rrmccabe
Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum
A forum for all things Trailblazer SS including mileage, horsepower, transmissions, interior mods, tires and more!
Full Forum Listing