Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
05 TrailblazerSS AWD
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the magna flow muffler tony suggest to use on our trucks and the factory resonator still installed. The fiberglass has blown out and the inside is rattling in the resonator so i want to remove it. How much louder is the truck going to get?? i have a 2.5 year old and an infant, so i dont want it too loud.

thanks

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
If it's the 11229 (or whatever the number is?) it's not that loud, you'll get some drone but nothing major. I've had that setup with no resonator for 3 1/2 years and I still like it, you know I'm there but I'm not too loud and I've had cops tell me my truck sounds good. Who knows, you might get lucky and it'll hum the kiddies to sleep.

·
Premium Member
06 AWD TBSS
3,012 Posts
I have the magna flow muffler tony suggest to use on our trucks and the factory resonator still installed. The fiberglass has blown out and the inside is rattling in the resonator so i want to remove it. How much louder is the truck going to get?? i have a 2.5 year old and an infant, so i dont want it too loud.

thanks
If it's the 11229 (or whatever the number is?) it's not that loud, you'll get some drone but nothing major. I've had that setup with no resonator for 3 1/2 years and I still like it, you know I'm there but I'm not too loud and I've had cops tell me my truck sounds good. Who knows, you might get lucky and it'll hum the kiddies to sleep.
Yeah same setup I had on my old TBSS, 11229 with res delete and it wasn't loud at all. I actually wanted it louder. Had some drone around 2k rpms but nothing major. I had a 1 year old who rode in it everyday and it was fine. Ditch the res, it will sound better.

·
Registered
05 TrailblazerSS AWD
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes its the 11229 14x9x4 oval. My resonator is coming apart inside and rattles.... anyone have a sound clip of this set-up?

and all i need is the 3inch straight pipe and a tip correct??

how much are used resonators going for?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
168 Posts
Yes its the 11229 14x9x4 oval. My resonator is coming apart inside and rattles.... anyone have a sound clip of this set-up?

and all i need is the 3inch straight pipe and a tip correct??

how much are used resonators going for?

if you're really looking to get a replacement resonator, i have my stock one i can send you. just pay shipping +$20. let me know if you want it. shoot me a pm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts