Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
05 Colorado
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was north bound on HWY 101 in Morgan Hill. Dude behind me was driving swerving into the middle lane. I moved over and let him pass me, then i moved behind his ass. Got license plate number and called 911. There was alot of cars on the road and this guy sped up to about 90mph so i kinda backed off, but kept him in my sights. I had about 10miles to go before my exit so i stayed on the hwy. Before the next exit my radar detector starts blowing up so i look up ahead and i see CHP sitting. The CHP pulls out and followed the guy for like a mile, but the dude must have drove straight as an arrow.

I was following back a few cars thinking "That dude is gonna get stopped for sure"

I see my exit coming up, and i also see the cop pulling to the right shoulder. I exit the freeway just as he is pulling off. What i thought was cool...was right after that the CHP called me back and asked if i was still following the guy. I told him no, that i just got off the freeway. CHP told me , well i followed the guy, but didn't notice anything. I told him yeah i just got off the exit as you you pulled off in the SS, i said that guy must have spotted you, because he has to be drunk. The cop said either that or on the phone.."I'm gonna try to catch him again and stop him just to make sure" "Thanks for the call"

I've never reported a drunk driver before....thought it was cool that they called me back.

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
It's nice to know they actually car about what the public thinks

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
1,061 Posts
We get these calls quite abit. Its amazing how many people just suck at driving. We used to be able to stop a car just from a phone call, now probable cause is needed for the stop.
________
Mflb vaporizer

·
MILFs dont drive minivans
07 TrailblazerSS
6,884 Posts
a few years ago my husband and I were driving around in his old C-10 that he used to have.. it was late, about midnight and we were cruising down a busy street by us. Well... some guy in a minivan next to us dressed up in a suit kept swerving and leaning his head on the window.. was just an overall mess so we called the non-emergency number for the local PD and reported a drunk driver... well needless to say 30 seconds later 3 squad cars come rushing behind us and pull this guy over. We thought it would be interesting to see what happened... so we pulled over into the K-mart parking lot and watched the madness.
They had him get out and do field sobriety tests... failed miserably. They ended up arresting him and we could see that the other 2 police officers were checking out the other passengers in the minivan (they must have been coming home from a wedding, cause they were all dressed up). Well.. apparently none of the other 3 adults were able to drive because they were so intoxicated... because after they hauled the driver off, the other 3 adults just sat on the side of the road in the grass with 1 of the PO's watching them, waiting for a tow truck or someone to come get them or something.. We didn't stay long enough to see how they left the scene. The kicker?? Among the 4 total adults in the car, clearly too drunk to drive, there were 3 little kids with them as well.. that got out of the car to wait for their ride.

I've known way too many people killed by drunk drivers NOT to say something..
Even if the guy you called in on wasn't drunk.. he clearly still drives like an idiot... Good lookin out, and its nice to see that the LEO that you talked to showed care for your concern for not only yourself, but others on the road.

·
Test tha rest, not Tha SS
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Good job; there's no telling what could have happened if you just ignored ole boy--he might have seriously injured someone.....BTW, what type of radar detector do you have??? Sorry for changing lanes, but I'm in the market for a good one.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts