Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
You are doing it yourself? Weld or clamp? I believe its the same...3".

Sent from Galaxy SS via a cool tapatalk app.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS 3SS
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are doing it yourself? Weld or clamp? I believe its the same...3".

Sent from Galaxy SS via a cool tapatalk app.
I am having it done at a muffler shop here in town. Def gonna weld it. I had to ask because the Borla website only lists mufflers under "universal" category.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS AWD
624 Posts
I bought 4 feet of 3" OD pipe and my muffler was 3" ID.

The stock piping fit INSIDE of the 3" OD pipe...not sure what that makes it, 2 7/8 or 2 3/4?

BTW, the stock muffler is center/offset...i bought a center/center 10 series (total length 13" or so) and I wound up cutting it pretty close to the frame, had about 1" between muffler and frame.

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
I am going to put a Borla muffler on my TBSS, and need to know the pipe measurements. is it a 3 in and a 3 out? I have a 2008 TBSS. Thanks!
3 in 3 out. The muffler shop charged me 125 for the muffer and installation. Midas wanted 250!! HAHAHAHAHA ya right...for that price Id take my welder out and do it on the garage floor.....

·
Registered
2008 TBSS 3SS
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks guys, after watching youtube clips, I think I have found my muffler, but there are 3 sizes to choose from. I highlighted the 3, can you guys help me find which one is right for my TB? I dont wanna buy the wrong size, thanks!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.