Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer SS
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now the time has come to get to the Rear Springs/Air Springs. First was looking at rockauto and on the forum here and saw that people used Arnott A-2610. Should i go with a non ACDelco part for this or what are your guys thoughts! or are they worth replacing with air bags, or is it worth it to change to full springs and no air ride? thanks again!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
My take... If you use your truck for towing and hauling, the air springs are useful for that. If you're using it as a big wagon or sedan, go coilover.

That said, ac Delco isn't manufacturing those air bags. They're buying them from someone else who does. I toured the Continental factory that builds the air suspension for jeep and Benz, they didn't even make the bags, they purchased them from a vendor. So I wouldn't discount the Arnott bags at all.

FWIW, FCP euro is a big supplier of parts of airmatic suspensions on benzes, and they sell Arnott bags. And then they back them up with a lifetime warranty, so if they go bad you can send them back and they will send you free replacements. That says something that they're willing to take that risk.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
33 Posts
Now the time has come to get to the Rear Springs/Air Springs. First was looking at rockauto and on the forum here and saw that people used Arnott A-2610. Should i go with a non ACDelco part for this or what are your guys thoughts! or are they worth replacing with air bags, or is it worth it to change to full springs and no air ride? thanks again!
Well my reply would be, I went with the ARNOTTS on my 2007 SS. The top has three tabs that fit up thru holes in the spring mount and twist to lock. Problem I was seeing was the tabs were to tall on the base and didnt lock in tight. I had movement up and down. Didnt like it. I know the air is going to help hold it up in place but was just worried like bad bump and the thing will fall off. So far hasnt happened. So Im saying might want to try the OEM air bags, the OEM replacements probably fit tighter on top when locking and twisting in at top of air bag. Bottom just sits on axle, see the problem now with loose fit at top! Goodluck! I even wrote Arnott with no response. They would have to retool there machine, very costly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts