Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one airbag leaking. It still airs up whenever I start it up. Since the TBSS is 12 years old and has 103K miles, should I replace both bags while I'm at it? Note I'm slightly lowered with Belltech shocks and Scott's adjusting rods.
No rush since I probably won't be able to change them for 4-6 months.

There's only a 75% chance I'll make it to Nats this year. I'm having shoulder replacement surgery on 3/4 and may not be driving until mid April. Won't have full use for 6-9 months. It's the TBSS's year for going to Nats, but will probably be driving the V as it's much smoother and less jarring on the shoulder.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 3ss red
38 Posts
I have one airbag leaking. It still airs up whenever I start it up. Since the TBSS is 12 years old and has 103K miles, should I replace both bags while I'm at it? Note I'm slightly lowered with Belltech shocks and Scott's adjusting rods.

There's only a 75% chance I'll make it to Nats this year. I'm having shoulder replacement surgery on 3/4 and may not be driving until mid April. Won't have full use for 6-9 months. It's the TBSS's year for going to Nats, but will probably be driving the V as it's much smoother and less jarring on the shoulder.

i would do both

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,071 Posts
I switched to springs when my compressor took a crap and the following week the bags started leaking.. $550 compressor rebuilt from rockauto, $150 for bags < $150 springs and done.. yes i miss my bags as i have a shit ton of tools in the back and i bottom out frequently (lowered) and when i do tow my boat i wish i had leveling but when empty the ride is not too bad. Guess its up to use and budget. Hope you have a quick recovery and i dont blame you for taking the V out, its hella fun to have choices.

Sent from my boujea ass phone

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,529 Posts
I'd replace both bags. If one is leaking the other may not be far behind it. Or swap over to tony's springs. I have his 31.5" springs and they ride much smoother than the deflated bags ever did. I also added the helper bags inside the springs and air them up whenever I know I'll be adding a lot of weight/luggage/towing to even out the truck. They been riding great for several years now. I kept my compressor working and use it once a week to inflate tires, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im new to this TBSS forum and I am experiencing this very same problem. Where would you recommend I get replacement bags from or should I just do a google search and is there a particular brand I should consider? My compressor is still working and pumps the bags up when I start the truck but when its parked or been parked for a day or so I noticed it looks like its been lowered so that tells me the bag or bags are leaking. Is there anything else I would need along with the bags or just the bags themselves? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rock Auto has several options for bags.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
214 Posts
The compressor might be leaking or the lines also. I’d get the arnott bags that come with the lifetime warranty. Get them as a pair. Rockauto is prob ur best bet

·
Registered
4 Posts
The compressor might be leaking or the lines also. I’d get the arnott bags that come with the lifetime warranty. Get them as a pair. Rockauto is prob ur best bet
I noticed on their website they have a compression line for the rear right, is there a line for the rear left or does the one line work with both sides of the vehicle? I just want to make sure I am ordering the right stuff! Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I switched to springs when my compressor took a crap and the following week the bags started leaking.. $550 compressor rebuilt from rockauto, $150 for bags < $150 springs and done.. yes i miss my bags as i have a shit ton of tools in the back and i bottom out frequently (lowered) and when i do tow my boat i wish i had leveling but when empty the ride is not too bad. Guess its up to use and budget. Hope you have a quick recovery and i dont blame you for taking the V out, its hella fun to have choices.

Sent from my boujea ass phone
What are some signs to look for when you said "your compressor took a crap"? Mine still pumps up my bags but if my truck is parked for any length of time, it looks like its a lowrider. I can't believe how low the back is sitting to the ground now. Im planning to replace the bags and compression line but unsure how to test the compressor to see if that needs to be repaired.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
214 Posts
Compressor runs all the time and the back doesn’t seem to go up. The other way I tested it was I put a tire gauge on the fitting in the trunk and when mine went bag it would maintain any kind of pressure it was like 15 psi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts