Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one airbag leaking. It still airs up whenever I start it up. Since the TBSS is 12 years old and has 103K miles, should I replace both bags while I'm at it? Note I'm slightly lowered with Belltech shocks and Scott's adjusting rods.
No rush since I probably won't be able to change them for 4-6 months.

There's only a 75% chance I'll make it to Nats this year. I'm having shoulder replacement surgery on 3/4 and may not be driving until mid April. Won't have full use for 6-9 months. It's the TBSS's year for going to Nats, but will probably be driving the V as it's much smoother and less jarring on the shoulder.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 3ss red
30 Posts
I have one airbag leaking. It still airs up whenever I start it up. Since the TBSS is 12 years old and has 103K miles, should I replace both bags while I'm at it? Note I'm slightly lowered with Belltech shocks and Scott's adjusting rods.

There's only a 75% chance I'll make it to Nats this year. I'm having shoulder replacement surgery on 3/4 and may not be driving until mid April. Won't have full use for 6-9 months. It's the TBSS's year for going to Nats, but will probably be driving the V as it's much smoother and less jarring on the shoulder.

i would do both

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,071 Posts
I switched to springs when my compressor took a crap and the following week the bags started leaking.. $550 compressor rebuilt from rockauto, $150 for bags < $150 springs and done.. yes i miss my bags as i have a shit ton of tools in the back and i bottom out frequently (lowered) and when i do tow my boat i wish i had leveling but when empty the ride is not too bad. Guess its up to use and budget. Hope you have a quick recovery and i dont blame you for taking the V out, its hella fun to have choices.

Sent from my boujea ass phone

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,495 Posts
I'd replace both bags. If one is leaking the other may not be far behind it. Or swap over to tony's springs. I have his 31.5" springs and they ride much smoother than the deflated bags ever did. I also added the helper bags inside the springs and air them up whenever I know I'll be adding a lot of weight/luggage/towing to even out the truck. They been riding great for several years now. I kept my compressor working and use it once a week to inflate tires, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts