Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally, I can understand not having the Confederate battle associated with the state government (on top of SC buildings, in MS state flag, etc...), but I think that people are going too far when they are calling for historical items to be destroyed. This is starting to look a lot like different groups trying to erase the Confederacy from history. Why not do the same with Nazi Germany, Napoleon, or the Christian Crusades?

Reactions: caroutisine

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,505 Posts
Just my opinion but there should only be one flag flown here. Especially on any governmental building.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
6.2 silverao
2,942 Posts
Being from the south I disagree. That flag stands for the beginning states and the people that fought and gave their lives for that flag. The problem is, the dumb rednecks where I live waving it around yelling "the south will rise again" while kissing their sisters not having a clue what the flag stands for. Does it bother me a little what this country has come to? Yes. Will I parade around like an idiot all pissed off? Absolutely not.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,505 Posts
It's funny when I see people up here in NY sporting the reb flag. Usually some dumb fuck with a Dodge p/u and an exhaust the size of a garbage can coming from the bed. Born and raised in NY but wants to be a tough guy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
808 Posts
Personally, I can understand not having the Confederate battle associated with the state government (on top of SC buildings, in MS state flag, etc...), but I think that people are going too far when they are calling for historical items to be destroyed. This is starting to look a lot like different groups trying to erase the Confederacy from history. Why not do the same with Nazi Germany, Napoleon, or the Christian Crusades?
Yea. makes no sense how big of a deal this has become. The flag to me was just a Confederate flag, nothing more. Are we now going to deny there was ever a revolutionary war in this country?

·
NOT SLOW, NOT FAST
TrailblazerSS
1,982 Posts
I DO NOT believe any historical artifacts should be destroyed but I do believe the only national flag that should be flown here is the current 50 star great ole American flag :2cents:

Reactions: FlavorFlav

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
899 Posts
Heres my thoughts on this. Being from the south I do support the confederate flag as a part of being history of the south. They are some that that do use this flag in the wrong way. But this flag that they are calling the confederate flag is actually the Tennessee battle flag. The actual flag that was seen as the confederate flag looks totally different. Not all people that support this flag is a racist and thats what it seem everyone thinks when they see you with one. I for one am not racist by an means I dont judge someone by the color of there skin, but by the way the represent them selves. Also I think the people should be the ones making the decisions that effect this country instead of a few that could care less about you or me. If we take away the history of this country how will anyone be able to learn from our past.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Imo, it's the rednecks that have change what ppl think the flag is about. Everyone I knew that had the flag was racist and did things for attention in the wrong ways. Be saying the south will rise again or If the south would have won we'd have it made.

It's like street racing, it's the times where ppl do it illresponsibly and the events from that makes ppl think how bad it is and blow it out of proportion.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,258 Posts
Living in Alabama, I see the flag somewhere almost daily. Just last weekend I saw a 10 mile long convoy of vehicles flying the flag across north alabama. The place here that makes the flags can't make enough to keep up with the demand right now.

All that being said, there are a huge number of people that want the flag removed/banned/whatever you want to call it that have absolutely zero clue what it actually stands for.

I've lived in the south all of my life and have never found it offensive. No one else did either until it got tied to an act of violence and mainstream media and social media ran wild with it and people started having knee-jerk reactions. It wasn't an offensive symbol until someone told you they were offended and got other people to believe it.

Dukes of Hazzard ran on television for 36 years and nobody ever had an issue with the show until someone got offended by the use of a Confederate Battle Flag.

In my opinion, before you're offended by what you think it a racist symbol just because everyone else is, do your homework and find the history of it and form your own conclusions based on that instead of following a bunch of others.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts