Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ladies & gents,
I am looking for help/info in trying to bring back some of the shine/luster to my '06 black SS. She is my daily driver, 120k on the clock, so she has a good bit of small scratches. I am good about keeping her clean, but she has her fair share of surface scratches, swirl marks, and general imperfections. I also stupidly removed rain guards that were installed by a dealer the incorrect way leaving some bad scuffing.

I am a novice when it comes to a proper detail (claying, polishing, buffing, etc.) but I am hoping one of the vets on here can guide me in the best steps to take.

I am worried that she may need to be wet sanded and recleared but I hope that is worst case. I have snapped a few pics if anyone is willing to take the time to chat. Thanks!

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
Pics would help alot...

If you don't know the last time it was clayed, start there. That alone will add some gloss if the clear is dirty. From there move on to Adam's Correcting Polish & Finishing Polish with their respective pads. Top that with a good sealant & wax/glaze of your choice. They have vids on their website of every product so you really can't get it wrong.

Unless it is in HORRIBLE shape I don't see it needed wet sanded. :2cents:

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
More than happy to help via PM or here. Post some pics and most of us can point you in the right direction. I will say that there are a ton of great products out there right now. Being in Maryland and so close to Detailer's Domain, getting the stuff won't be an issue. Choosing what you want inside of your budget is the hard part.

The actual bullcrap of detailing? It's not hard, it just takes time and common sense. :coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
3,858 Posts
Check out autogeek.net. A lot to learn there and you can buy any products you need. Watch some videos, teach yourself how to do it. Once you learn you'll see it is not too difficult and it will make your paint look great.

Good luck.

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
I like Meguiars step products myself. Then use a nice orbital buffer like the Meguiars orbital or the portar cable makes a nice one also. Then use the proper pads with the product and you should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
30 Posts
For what it would cost to get your paint corrected by a detail shop you could easily set yourself up to DIY. If your interested I can PM you with what you will need and the steps to get it done, it's very simple these days with the right equipment and a few hours.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks guys. I know I can probably knock it out, just nervous with black and nervous that letting these go this long may turn into a hard fix. Feel free to shoot any PM you want, the more info the better.

Here are a few pics...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts