Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
How do I get this form? If I schedule an appointment with the dealer can I reference this? I don't really want to take it to one, but it might be cheaper than buying the part and having an independent shop replace it like I had planned.

·
Registered
2006 SS Trailblazer
662 Posts
Just received the same letter in the mail today. It does state that if you have an issue with the fuel tank sensor to take it in and GM will pay 50% of the repair.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 2007
236 Posts
50% WTF. That's pretty bullshit. Ya I guess it's better than nothing. Most people can do this job at home. and pay less for the part than the 50% offer. How do Automakers tell you our part sucks, we know it, but we'll give u a break to fix our mistake. If it was a radio problem ok, maybe bad motor in the power seat. But a Fuel guage:wtf: should be fixed free of charge. JUST MY :2cents:

Thanks for the OP.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
692 Posts
Yep got the letter today myself. 50% I don't agree with I guess some is better then nothing!!!

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
I just changed one out for a friend's TBSS...for a $78 part and less than 3 hours of my time, it's better than paying dealer shop rate...even 50% of their rate...

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
I just changed one out for a friend's TBSS...for a $78 part and less than 3 hours of my time, it's better than paying dealer shop rate...even 50% of their rate...
Damn you are slow. Not like you need to cut an access door or drop the rear end for a tbss tank...

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Same here...im going to buy the sensor and do it myself. F the dealer:yuck:

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Need to save this form for sure. Mines been acting up lately

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
Just wondering, are all you letter getters '06 trucks? If so, are these different in other years that don't need replacing? I am guessing not, but they are not sending letters because others are still under warranty and they would have to cover 100%. I am not having any issue with mine but just thought I would throw that out.

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,619 Posts
Just wondering, are all you letter getters '06 trucks? If so, are these different in other years that don't need replacing? I am guessing not, but they are not sending letters because others are still under warranty and they would have to cover 100%. I am not having any issue with mine but just thought I would throw that out.
:iamwithstupid:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD
1,414 Posts
I had pump and sensor replaced at same time. Cut me a break as the pump was under warranty and they had to drop the tank anyway. Better than nothing offer, but I hope they fix the faulty part to avoid replacing junk with junk.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
first... this is not a TSB NOR a RECALL....

this is an OPEN CUPON of sorts... if you have a failure to take the truck in and get it fixed 50% off...

i sell these for 69 bucks and 7.45 shipping... you can drop the tank in your driveway with hand tools, and do this your self in a matter of a morning....

Gm is doing this based on the complaints people are sending in because of a parts failure... honestly i dont think it should be warrantied nor a 50% refund. its a moving part that wears over its lifetime... (is it wearing faster than other vehicles... yes.)

there are trucks out there with 8k miles that have had problems... and trucks out there with 108k that have never had problems...

there is no pattern to the failures....

GM is doing something they dont have to for the owners of their vehicles. Be happy they are doing anything at all....

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
I CALLED local dealer today just to ask and they said yes.

4 hours labor at $125 a hour
part is $103 dollar

they said you will only be paying about $300

oh man i laughed and hung up phone.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.