Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it possible to use a 4l60E core and have whatever is needed swapped (the pump cover, stator, and speed sensor from what I understand) from the 70?

There is a 4l60E that needs a rebuild local for cheap. Its from an 04 trailblazer. Since I will eventually need a built tranny anyways, I was thinking I could build that, swap whatever is needed, and when it comes time, swap it with the original.
Downtime is currently not an option.

I'm still kinda confused as to what trailblazers had the 60 and which ones had the 70?

Can whatever possible issues be tuned out with HPT or EFI live?

The guy wants 40 bucks for it. I wanna jump on it IF this will even work. Thanks for any answers and hooray for boobies:yay2:

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
He already sold the 4l80E for 40 bucks.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Where are the transmission experts at? I was reading some of Greg ducatos posts about the topic. Seemed to have it all figured out. I know he's not the only one that knows his shit.

Can I rebuild a 4l60e (with all the good stuff) and make it work in my 07 2wd tbss? I don't want to let a good deal pass.

Anyone?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
the 60e and 70e share the same cases. the internals are a little different. But you can use a 60e and have it built to a 70e. But just to be sure give Greg a call. 817-599-7680

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok cool. This is what I needed to know. Thank you very much!

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Just spoke to RPM transmissions and told them my plan. They said it will NOT WORK. I don't know if they just don't want to do the conversion or if it truly is not possible/worth it.
Ill give that guy Greg a call and get his input.
Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,481 Posts
It has to be a specific newer version of 4l60. I ran into this problem when I was going to redo mine. Everyone had the older\wrong style case. No one around had the correct one

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think i read somewhere that the 06+ 60s had the same case as our 70 (and the speed sensor that our 70 has?)
If that's true then this one from the 04 Trailblazer won't work.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NOT gonna work per Greg.( super nice guy on the phone btw) Looks like I'm either gonna look for a 80 or just do RPMs core exchange program.
Thanks everyone for your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts