Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
08 TBSS AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure it varies, but does anyone have a ballpark on what it costs to rebuild our motor? If all I have is a spun bearing? And if I am already putting that money into a rebuild, how much would I have to go to make a "improvement"? I am considering stock rebuild and adding a blower over a stroker kit.
Truck has 73k, and was rebuilt for a bearing at 55k already. I am not looking to go crazy, but 400-425rwhp would be nice.
I also understand that with that would come a tranny, but this is a daily driver at this time, so durability is a big key.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
I just did a 402 stroker and it was about 12k. The only thing I reused was the block.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
12k ouch!!!!!!!!! For about $1,300 more when I had my motor fully built for $3,000 I could of had a 402. So a 402 for for 4,200 isn't bad!... But I had my fully forged motor minus the crank out the door for $3,000 with nitrous install

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
12k ouch!!!!!!!!! For about $1,300 more when I had my motor fully built for $3,000 I could of had a 402. So a 402 for for 4,200 isn't bad!... But I had my fully forged motor minus the crank out the door for $3,000 with nitrous install
Parts are way more money in Canada!:fist:

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
I was ganna say eh lol. Shit! You could if shipped it here to FL and has it built n tuned here and returned and still be under 7

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
My AFR heads were $2390 alone rotating assembly was I think $1500 and the list goes on. Lol:

·
Premium Member
06 RWD Whitey
6,023 Posts
Bored, and forged bottom end, cam, lifters and valve job (only cause I do not have the scratch at this time for ported heads) Just shy of 2k. Under the knife as I type.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
I'm sick if you guys sayin shit about my fuckin motor! I had a bad seal that's why it was slowly burning oil. Is it still burning oil?.... NO!... Just like the heartbeat intake.. U get what u pay for :rofl:

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
I don't need oil anymore big boy!! All I need gas to get dat ass! Lol

·
Premium Member
06 RWD Whitey
6,023 Posts
I'm located in Fort Worth as well. Mind telling me where you are getting this work done?
I have never dealt with the shop prior to this.
So I am not going to say a freakin thing until the work is done and I know the out come. lol....

I will say this though, He is used to building 1-2k hp applications.
He has won the LS Shootout and is on the cover of GM HighPerformance. So I am guessing he has a pretty good idea of what he is doing.
Or he just fakes it really, really well. I know a tuner like that! I have told him what I want, what needs to be done, and what ranges I want to stay within. Dropped off my block, pieces and parts and heads yesterday.
(jeopardy music playing) Waiting game now.

Where in Ft. Worth you at?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Adm can do good work!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
718 Posts
a rebuild could range from 1,500 up depending on what you do..well in parts .. i did mine my self and got away with about 2200... with sending out crank and block and heads to all get checked. then all new rings and gasket kit and all the new bolts. maybe you might need a rod or two like me.. who knows.. a new oil pump lifters all that crap youll need cause the metal shavings go through all of it. i got lucky and got away not to bad... if you have an extra 3-4 g to play with im sure you could get something pretty cool man.....

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
533 Posts
let us know Retro as I will be building mine in due time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts