Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up guys? im new to this forum - i just bought the kw coilovers full kit and djm a arms from tony - i installed the rear shocks and adjusted the rear bags so far sitting at approximately 30.5 - i def need to come up another inch or so because the ride is way too bouncy at cruising speeds - my question is for those who have this setup - what are your rear shock adjustments for both top (rebound) and bottom ("bump" compression)? how many clicks for the bottom and how many clicks top work best for you - and please specify from what direction you started from (clockwise or counter) because ive already annoyed tonys life till no end lol thanks

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
Welcome to the site!
Subscribing to this as I have front & rear KWs on the way but already running KW springs not airbags.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How is the spring vs the air bags? And what kind of shocks are you running now in the mean time until your KW's come? The KW rear shocks are double adjustable so you would preset them obviously before the install and make adjustments as you go along trial and error. Easier said than done because your adjusting two things now rather than one and it makes all the difference in the world. How low are you in the rear btw?

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
432 Posts
the top adjustment i left the same. but the bottom i changed to 4 clicks i guess you would say. 7 was too stiff. and when i adjusted i went all the way left till it stopped then when 4 full turns right. i still want to mess with the top one just havent had time.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks im actually 3 clicks from the right the complete opposite - i made it pretty stiff because when i was really low in the rear it seemed too bouncy so i figured tighten it up and itll be much better but didnt help much so i raised the back up an inch or 2 and have it 3 clicks from full stiff still and its ok for now - as for the top im like 8 clicks from the left so - id def like to mess with that once i get the bottom perfect - what is your front/rear ground to fender lip heights? and jevans what is your rebound/compression for the front? thanks

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
How is the spring vs the air bags? And what kind of shocks are you running now in the mean time until your KW's come? The KW rear shocks are double adjustable so you would preset them obviously before the install and make adjustments as you go along trial and error. Easier said than done because your adjusting two things now rather than one and it makes all the difference in the world. How low are you in the rear btw?
Hey sorry about the late response! I like the springs a whole lot better than the bags at this height. I was running the silver belltech shocks and they were fine with the springs. I think the springs are finally settled all the way and its about 31 1/4 with 275/45 which are slightly shorter than stock. Got the rear KW shock on yesterday still need to play around with them. Right now they are pretty stiff, one side to side turn "weich". I guess that's German for weak or soft with the adjuster from full stiff top and bottom. It handles great, takes bumps great, but is a little stiff for smooth roads if that makes any sense! I will soften them up some and see how it does.

Have you guys gotten an adjustment you are happy with yet?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes - for bottom compression we turned it all the way to the right which is as hard as they go and then backed off 3 clicks - and as for the top turned it all the way left or soft (towards drivers side) and then 8 clicks from that and its fine - ive had it with these settings for 2-3 weeks and u dont notice any bounce whatsoever - def rides pretty good - however based off these settings we want to fine tune it and make it even better - jevans is in the process of making adjustments based off these settings as a base - he will let us know what works the best for him and hes sitting at 30.5 all around - were trying to avoid the whole swaping out of air bags for springs

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
yes - for bottom compression we turned it all the way to the right which is as hard as they go and then backed off 3 clicks - and as for the top turned it all the way left or soft (towards drivers side) and then 8 clicks from that and its fine - ive had it with these settings for 2-3 weeks and u dont notice any bounce whatsoever - def rides pretty good - however based off these settings we want to fine tune it and make it even better - jevans is in the process of making adjustments based off these settings as a base - he will let us know what works the best for him and hes sitting at 30.5 all around - were trying to avoid the whole swaping out of air bags for springs
on lower compression counterclock wise is stiffer
on upper rebount clockwise is stiffer.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yup and so far for the rear shocks (as i assume people will have lower than stock height) - stiffer for the bottom compression seems to be the best - im at 3 away from as stiff as they go - and that eliminates majority of the bounce - im guna try to go one more click towards stiffer as i do not want to keep them max stiff - and then see how it rides - and then mess with the top adjustment little by little - and eventually have the perfect ride for the adjusted bags - and remind this is for 31.5 and lower rear ride heights

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,841 Posts
Heres my settings (front KW's only)..

* Sitting @ 30-3/8" up front..
Thread showing from bottom of shock: Driver 1-1/8" ~ Passenger 1-5/16"

* Top are set at 6 clicks / Bottom are at 9 clicks (from fully closed as per instructions)..

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
could you be more specific it terms of direction clockwise/counter clockwise (something so simple gets confusing once your sitting there looking at it especially when you've lost your instruction manual lol? and hows the ride quality most important?

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
could you be more specific it terms of direction clockwise/counter clockwise (something so simple gets confusing once your sitting there looking at it especially when you've lost your instruction manual lol? and hows the ride quality most important?
Send me your email I made a pdf but cant figure how to attach it.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
ok its like a screw. if your looking at the shock at the bottom and you go counter clockwise just like screwing in a screw it makes it stiffer.

now up top its like your putting in a screw on top of a piece of wood. Clock wise makes it stiffer just like screwing in a screw.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.