Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i went to rotate me tires today (thanks eric) an for sum reason i tugged on to rear tire on the pass. side when the truck was in th air an the real tire had sum play in it....it moved back an forth. im thinking this is a issue an i wanna know if sum one could tell me what it is n how the hell to fix it thanks

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
Normal for it to have end play..You can move the axle in and out a bit..I don't know the exact measurement of movement. But it is normal............

·
Premium Member
'08 TBSS 2wd
1,496 Posts
^^^like he said. It's a C clip axle, so it's going to have some play, unlike a semi or full floater.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Is it in and out or side to side?
Side to side and your axle bearings are going out.
In and out, C-Clips

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it in and out or side to side?
Side to side and your axle bearings are going out.
In and out, C-Clips
in n out i could pull an push on the whole rim when the truck is in the air an it goes in n out?

·
Registered
06 tbss awd
75 Posts
im having the same problem and mine is getting louder and louder... can hear it going over bumps and if i go side to side while driving the abs kicks in even when not on the brakes... it is def getting worse... any ides on what to look for first

·
Draggin Wagon
AWD Trailblazer 3SS
447 Posts
To the O.P don't worry about it. As stated above it's normal. 90% of straight axle car's and trucks are like this. It's very much normal. All of are t.b's do this.

im having the same problem and mine is getting louder and louder... can hear it going over bumps and if i go side to side while driving the abs kicks in even when not on the brakes... it is def getting worse... any ides on what to look for first

You with out a doubt have a wheel bearing issue (hub replacement time)

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
its not up down or side to side its very much so in and out...
I would pull your caliper bracket off and hope your axle doesn't pull out. I had one of the the clutches behind the spider gear come apart and the c-clip fell out. The only thing that kept the axle in was the caliper bracket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts