Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
9-7X Aero
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't want to hijack RustTBSS thread, so I'm starting my own.
I did the rear 30.5 coil conversion, with the adjustable SPohn Pan Hard bar, Upper and lower control arms as well. With Tony's belltech shocks and the DJM rear sway bar.
I either have bad shocks or I did something wrong, because when I go over really big bumps, it feels like the entire rear is about to rip out of teh vehicle. It feels like the shocks are too short and are hitting the end of their travel and the weight of the entire rear is slamming the shocks at the end of their travel. Does this explanation make any sense? BizzzzNYC has been trying to help me, but something just doesn't seem right. what am I missing?
:dunno:

·
TBSS Fleet Owner
'07 TBSS
13,611 Posts
Not stupidity...just an oversight :) happens to us all. Lol

·
Registered
9-7X Aero
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, that was apparently NOT my issue, since I cut them down, and I'm still getting the same problem.
It feels like I'm riding on all springs, with no dampening from the street performer belltechs. And when I hit a large bump, or pothole? It literally sounds like I'm going to leave the entire rear end on the ground behind me. Argh!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,535 Posts
Shocks installed upside-down? Sleeved area should towards the top.

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
post a photo of the setup.

·
Registered
9-7X Aero
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SHocks are installed the right way. the sleeved area is up top.
I'll get some pictures in a few minutes

·
Registered
9-7X Aero
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

It's hard to see, bit this is the driver side shock. Both sides are mounted like this.

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
Need some flash or light so we can see the whole setup underneath.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,399 Posts
1) are you sure exhaust is not hitting the axle over the rear hump?

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
Did you change the endlinks on the rear sway bar after you lowered the truck to shorter ones? If not, that bar will definitely hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9-7X Aero
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you change the endlinks on the rear sway bar after you lowered the truck to shorter ones? If not, that bar will definitely hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would that bar hitting, make it feel and sound like there's no damper happening? Like I'm riding on nothing but springs? I did not do the sway bar links yet, but I do have the ones from the group buy, to install with the djm sway bar. Tomorrow morning for sure.

·
Hater
Duh
9,210 Posts
If you were riding on just springs you'd be bouncing down the road. Being that low you'd bottom out constantly. Are the shock bolts really tight? Triple check everything.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts