Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend just picked up an 06 ss. It has HID headlamp and fogs installed already. It also has a single sub pulling power from the rear fuse box. I wrapped the ballasts in tin foil and taped them up to eliminate them from the equation. The amp has also been disconnected to rule it out. Randomly on start up it will develop feedback from only the left rear speaker. Aside from it only occurring from the left rear speaker, it will go away by turning off the headlamps. Occasionally it will stay off permanently but most of the time the feedback will persist when the headlights are turned back on.

Now on my 06 ss I get the rear speaker feedback through both rear speakers but it will eventually turn off when I toggle the rear stereo On and off. This truck in question, it will persist when I tried that so these are separate issues. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New development... It began again on start up but this time the lights weren't even on. Toggling them on and off did nothing. I then keyed the ignition on and sure enough I was able to hear it through the one speaker but it was faint. I'm thinking a bad channel in the amp

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x Aero
190 Posts
Next time it happens, smack the top of the back part of the center console/arm rest in between the seats.

The rear entertainment system on some of the Trailblazers can have intermittent ground issues that a smack on the armrest can possibly confirm is your problem.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried that already...no change

1 - 5 of 5 Posts