Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I lowered my TB in the front using belltech struts w/ djm A arms, the rear I struggled to adjusted the air bags. It was difficult to get them the same height and then half of the time I'd move the sensor and the truck wouldn't move. Currently I'm at RF 30.25 LF 30.50 RR 29.5 and LR 29.25. I didn't cut the bumpstops or anything so maybe I'm just sitting on the bump stops, but the ride has gone to shit in the rear. Idk If i just need to bring up the rear ride height and maybe cut the bump stops? or If I need to get lowering shocks? My truck has the mexi-bounce (no offense if you've ever cut ur coils when lowering a vehicle or if your mexican) and it's annyoing as hell. The truck looks great and the front ride is fantastic. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
3,858 Posts
Get the spring and shock combo. Rides great

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
I don't have the mexi-bounce, but the rear of mine rides like chit. I bought the truck used so I don't know what was used to lower honestly. I think it was lowered with DJM a-arms in the front, and I have Bilstein shocks/struts all around. So did the previous owner just use DJM's and adjust the rear bags only? How would I be able to tell?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Definately cut the bumpstops, that alone makes a difference cause when it's lowered there isn't enough travel between the axle and bumpstop. Belltech shocks will make it feel like a new truck. I rode around over a year with all the stuff done right on the front and just air bags adjusted in the rear with bumpstops cut, it had that bounce and was a rough ride unless the road was as smooth as glass. Order the shocks from Tony, I shopped around and his price is best, $130 shipped, you can swap them in a few minutes and you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts