Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have to take them out to tint them? Or could I just use some painter's tape and newspaper and save the hassle of getting my back dirty ?:jackoff:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
I masked them off...there is plenty of space around the edges to get the tape way back in there so there is no lines or overspray.

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS 2wd
246 Posts
I bought the black plexiglass ones look great on black,they go over the factory ones with some good 3m 2 sided tape plus it sits flush.

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
It takes all of 3 minutes to pull em out. Why would you waste the tape and time to mask them off, that's just stupid.

Lay down, remove the nuts, and pull em out. Simple.

And I thought I was lazy!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,258 Posts
It took all of 2 minutes to mask and paint. Call me stupid but id rather not remove anything off my truck if I dont need to...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It takes all of 3 minutes to pull em out. Why would you waste the tape and time to mask them off, that's just stupid.

Uh...How is it lazy if you take LONGER to do something?

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
You don't want to go through the hassle to get your back dirty? But you're gonna sit on your ass and mask and paint?

Take longer to do something if you want, that's your perrogative (sp?). But I prefer to do things the right way.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
55 Posts
i masked and painted mine turned out great

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
I used reflective black vinyl. 2 min to put on and fully reversible.

·
Banned
18,856 Posts

Exactly.....If your going to do something, do it right.

It took all of 2 minutes to mask and paint. Call me stupid but id rather not remove anything off my truck if I dont need to...
Stupid.
No reason not to....unless you are lazy and want something not done as well as it "COULD" be.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
One of these days I'm gonna take them off and get them tinted RJTC, wanna do that with the reflectors, tails, and CHMSL.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Where are yall getting the black vinyl reflectors? Does someone sell them or did you have to cut to fit?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
Where are yall getting the black vinyl reflectors? Does someone sell them or did you have to cut to fit?
Got mine from grafxwerks.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,258 Posts
Exactly.....If your going to do something, do it right.

Stupid.
No reason not to....unless you are lazy and want something not done as well as it "COULD" be.
To be honest I could care less what you guys think. You may think its stupid or whatever, I was not asking for opinions. I merely shared what I did to the OP. That is all.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
I bought a small roll of vinyl from a sign maker. I paid him 5 dollars, and I have done all my SS badges, rear reflectors, wheel bowties, and front bow tie. Even had enough left over to try a Grand Sport style double stripe on the fender.

I would never want to take the risk of getting over spray anywhere on my truck. But thats just my opinion .:2cents: Happy modding :cheers1:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts