2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
Are you referring to the STS Kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Build your own, the STS kit is nt that great and you will spend almost as much modding it to make it decent as you will on a used kit. If you would be interested in a big T88 front mount single, let me know. I have one Im selling cheap compared to an STS kit. On vacation til the 22nd, so if you want pics, shoot me a PM, as most are on my phone anyways.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm building my own . Don't like the STS so we will be doing a custom set up with twin Garrett turbos if I get a transmission that can hold it all together without breaking the bank

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Biggest draw for a front mount vs mid mount is oiling imo...mid mount needs a scavenge system. I like that spot better than in the bay cause underhood temps are going to be ridiculous even wrapped imo.to each their own though. Definitely build your own if you're capable

·
Premium Member
6.2 silverao
2,942 Posts
Steve Morris seems to be having pretty good mid mount results.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The only reason we are putting the turbos under the car is the heat . The guy helping me is GOOD ! He just finished my buddies Camaro and it's a twin rear mount that's pushing 1000 HP and it looks amazing . The trailblazer has tons of room under her so it should look nice.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Or go with the oil less turbos.....Ive actually heard good things about them.
I've spoken with a few shops who are having failures in high boost applications, I'd presume the cooling is inadequate at that point using just the cooling system. I wanted to go with a compturbo for the simplicity but it's a big price tag and my piece of mind is slightly rattled when I can get a comparible turbo and run a scavenge for about half the price ....aerocharger doesn't make anything worth using from what I've seen.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
Heres my home made setup. The under hood temps really aren't bad at all. I will tell you one thing. Invest in a 4l80e transmission, because any 4l70e is on borrowed time

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
As much as I love seeing a turbo sitting in the engine bay I think a mid-mount setup is not all that bad.

This is on a level of it's own but here is one of our members with a TT mid mount setup: http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/heads-cam-intake-manifold-internals/59210-jpracing01-tt-build-up.html

Then you have Nasty Nate's setup they did for a big single: http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/power-adders/91424-upgrade-build-3-0-larger-turbo-4l80e-swap.html

Another member XMONTE has a mid mount setup that hauls some serious ass but not sure he has ever shown build pics. Tune Time has a bad ass white SS with a mid mount that went deep into the 11's spinning like hell.

I really like the ease of fabrication on a 2wd for mid mount as you can run the cold side over to the D/S along the oil pan and up under the P/S pump to an IC or engine bay. Keeping the tubing tucked up tight and not hanging down. I'd go with a COMP turbo (oil-less) and give it hell, they offer turbo's plenty big to spit rods out the side of a block!

If you ever doubt mid mounts just look at the car Vengeance Racing built - Sinister C6, that'll throw any doubt on a mid/rear mount turbo setup right out the window.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is a great build. Better than most that I have seen . Drive that thing to bakersfield next weekend.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
15 Posts
im not a fan my self of a rear mounted turbo. there is plenty of room in the engine bay too put one. it gets the air there quicker closer to the exhaust ports i don't see any reason to mount one in the rear. not like you're going to hide it when you can hear it when the trucks running

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
266 Posts
Anyone have any pics or build thread on a mid turbo setup?
I don't want to loose my A/C and it seams like a waste to not use my headers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts