Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been having an impossible time getting my rear hatch/glass to unlock. all of a sudden 1 day, it stopped working.

I've searched on here, google, Envoy forums, youtube etc.

It seems the manual unlock procedure does not work for me.

When pulling the left (red) lever up, it does not lock in place like I've read so many times. I've tried this with the motor running, not running, on level ground because I also read the air bags can cause this from opening.

I've soaked the components in pb blaster and still nothing.

When I hit the lock/unlock buttons on my key fob, I can hear a very faint click. Which explains why it doesn't unlock that way, but makes no sense why the manual way doesn't work.

Any ideas, photos, help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's why I have insurance. Go ahead and steal it, wont bother me in the slightest!

Seriously though, I'm really needing some help. I spent an hour in the back of the truck sweating my butt of last night. Bump for some help!

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
It sounds like it does unlock, but the button may simply not be engaging the mechanism to release the glass. Check this thread for getting to the mechanism.

Here is how to access the mechanism:

Use a screwdriver to pop each of the clips out... that will ensure that you don't break any plastic.

Open the glass, and gently pull the top molding out so that a flat-tip screwdriver will fit in to pop the first clip out. Move around to the rest of the clips, using the screwdriver to pop the clips out. Remove the molding.

On the top of the lower molding, where the glass latches in, there is a little push-pin type plastic clip... use a flat-tip screwdriver to pop that out.

Open the rear hatch and remove the lower molding in the same way the upper molding was removed.

From there, it is easy to see what plastic piece needs to be adjusted. Use needle-nose pliers to squeeze the tabs that will release the plastic piece from the locking lever.

The actual movement that locks/unlocks the lever is rather short, so keep that i

1 - 4 of 4 Posts