Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so yesterday i was at big boy . i get to drive through long line no big deal,sitting waiting cars waiting behind me keep coming probly 15 cars so. two car leave in front of me i pulled up guy behind me was looking for something and person behind him honked , well you guessed it scared the guy hit gas pedal and smashed in rear of my baby . what ever is behind rear plastic cut through it so i have two holes and its also twisted hitch is bent up also . going in to get estimate on monday but since its his fault does he pay for all repairs ? :wtf::copcar:

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
It's your fault! U pay!!! J.k I'm not sure your laws but in FL it's no fault each party pays for the damages

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the cop informed me that he admitted fault he turned around to grab wallet out of back seat and hit gas pedal .

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
I think in most states it's the (person who rear-ended you)'s fault ALWAYS. In CT I think he would pay me for all damages

·
Registered
AWD 07 TrailblazerSS
954 Posts
I think in most states it's the (person who rear-ended you)'s fault ALWAYS. In CT I think he would pay me for all damages
I think this is right... pretty hard to get out of an accident where you were the one to rear end someone.

I'm pretty sure if he admitted that he turned around and wasn't paying attention and ran into you then he will be taking care of the damages.

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
I think in most states it's the person who rear-ended you's fault ALWAYS. In Illinois he would pay me for all damages
:iamwithstupid:Did you fall out of the truck holding your neck/back? I believe you have 7 days to make an injury claim.....

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no just pissed kid did not even care . was more worried about his dad laughing at him for hitting parked car in drive through .

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,017 Posts
I don't understand "no fault" states deciding to go that way. Most of the time there is a contributing party to a collision and they should be held responsible. Although we can't force an insurance company to pay for damages, but they usually follow our reports or at least contact us to get the real story instead of the BS lies their clients tell them.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
his insurance is going to pay for it i also have same company on mine was all his fault and he will be the one paying . i work at gm dealership that its getting fixed so i know what parts will all be replaced or reworked so far repaint bumper top part replace lower parts rework bumper rear metal part so on. just sucks it happened but nice thing is white is match able .

·
Suckin' Gas & Haulin' Ass
08 Trailblazer 3SS
6,103 Posts
It's your fault! U pay!!! J.k I'm not sure your laws but in FL it's no fault each party pays for the damages
Baby Chase.....You are right Florida is a No Fault state BUT only for INJURIES.....not property damage.

:)

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
going in to get estimate on monday but since its his fault does he pay for all repairs ?
Why are you even allowed to operate a motor vehicle, asking a question like this.....

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
:iamwithstupid:Did you fall out of the truck holding your neck/back? I believe you have 7 days to make an injury claim.....
I hope your health and/or business liability insurance premiums skyrocket, just for the above words...

·
Suckin' Gas & Haulin' Ass
08 Trailblazer 3SS
6,103 Posts
Damn Shawn, I skipped right over that one!
WTF ...yea there are statute of limitations for each state on how long you have to file an inj claim.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
truck is almost done and his insurance company is paying for it at my local shop. looking good so far should be done on wednesday . cant wait the dam hhr rental sucks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts