Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...Had my TBSS out of commission for quite awhile. Finally getting it back on the road...motor swapped, tranny swapped, supercharged, etc...

Problem is, now when I drive it whenever I go over bumps or get up to higher speeds, it starts bouncing/wobbling side to side and feels like I'm going to lose control if I don't slow down.

Could this be the rear bags giving the issue? I didn't have any rear end work done, but it was sitting for approximately 4 years.

Thanks for any input...

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
711 Posts
Did it sit on the tires for that long or was it on jack stands? If it was sitting on the tires it may have damaged the steel belts and caused flat spots. Do you have a spare set of wheels/tires you can swap to isolate the problem?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it sat on the tires for all that time. However, once getting it back into commission, I swapped out the rims and tires with a new set.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
711 Posts
The bouncing side to side is confusing. Does it feel like it's coming from the rear or front or both? Does the steering wheel shake/vibrate or is it smooth?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely from the rear. Nothing in the steering wheel, steering is smooth. It's difficult to describe but it feels the same as if people were on both sides of your car pushing it side to side...only it's while I'm in motion. My son followed me to see it and he said it looked like I was losing control and almost tipping from side to side.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
711 Posts
The rear stabilizer may be loose or broken. If it's not tight it will allow the body to roll like that.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
711 Posts
Same as above, check the rear end links. Also take a look at the panhard bar, it may have rusted and broken off
Yeah the panhard bar and stabilizer would effect the side to side motion. I removed mine once at the house before going off-roading and it scared the crap out of me on the highway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts