Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
TBZ06
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok for the rear i was thinking what about taking the air bag out or in my case the spring, then take the shock out & in place of the shock you put a coilover spring set up like in the pic below.

Do you guys think that would be OK??

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Why would we want to loose the load leveling airbags??? I know I dont...especially since I tow the jet ski's and the boat all summer!

·
Founding Member!
2012 Ram 1500
5,053 Posts
If you don't know, he has a replica SS, not a real one with the LLS. He has bags for lowering, etc.

·
Premium Member
TBZ06
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why would we want to loose the load leveling airbags??? I know I dont...especially since I tow the jet ski's and the boat all summer!

your rite most guys with TBSS wouldn't want to lose the rear airbags, i know if i had them i wouldn't want to lose the either, but i was just asking if it would work.

I don't have a TBSS so no rear bags, but i would love to have the height adjustment in the rear.

Anyone know if i could use a coilover set up in place of the shock? Would it be ok?

:dunno:

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
the spring width of the coilovers would pretty much be pretty close to rubbing the wheel.

·
Premium Member
TBZ06
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the spring width of the coilovers would pretty much be pretty close to rubbing the wheel.
ya i thought of that, the QA1 coilover spring has only a 2.5" diameter & even with my 22's there alot more space between the inner wheel & the shock then 2.5"

The only problem i think with my idea might be at the top where the shock mounts is really close to the frame but i was thinking of not mounting the new coilover centered in the mounts, but mounting them more to the outside of the mount, if you know what i mean?

Man i'd really like to make this work.

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts
Our trucks lowered ride ruff. Better shocks, smaller airbags, dual shocks on each side, etc... something, anything would be better. Norcal SS said he uses smaller airbags. Maybe he will chime in? Hey Tony, are you out there? Do they still use the leveling system and are there any problems?

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Our trucks lowered ride ruff. Better shocks, smaller airbags, dual shocks on each side, etc... something, anything would be better. Norcal SS said he uses smaller airbags. Maybe he will chime in? Hey Tony, are you out there? Do they still use the leveling system and are there any problems?

With his Paul Bunyon ass, he needs like three airbags per corner on the rear...He looks fucking hilarious ridin' in the Honda! E-brake slides and backing up at 40mph in downtown SF was hilarity at its best!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts