Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been having issues with the truck not wanting to raise up and level the rear. Tried adjusting the sensors to activate the compressor but no dice. I did get it to come on for about 15 seconds but the truck never raised enough to notice any and then it shut back off. Decided to put the back on ramps and check some things out and noticed the bag on the passenger side is basically up against the frame and the driver side has plenty of clearance. I’ve read in a couple other posts where people said the Arnoff bags can rub on the frame of deflated. By the looks of it it’s seems one is swollen more than the other. Any thoughts? I know my compressor is good. It comes on when I first start the truck and then it shuts off. Could the sensors be that far off? Also. Any thoughts on the difference in the size of the bags. Thanks for your time. First pic is driver side. Second pic is passenger side. Please don’t hate on my rust. She’s awe all year daily and I live in upstate NY. They salt the roads heavy up here.
Atmosphere Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Sculpture Automotive exterior

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
312 Posts
Not sure if you've replaced the bags once before already.
If one is leaking neither side will pump up (by design) as a safety issue.
replace with these:

and might as well update your shocks too with these:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure if you've replaced the bags once before already.
If one is leaking neither side will pump up (by design) as a safety issue.
replace with these:

and might as well update your shocks too with these:
I have already replaced the bags with those arnott bags in the link you posted. I also have the full bell tech suspension from tony.
I have a set of airbags that are 3 years old and have 25k on them. Haven't had any issues and I
just took them off in August. $50 plus shipping from California
Not interested in the bags but do you have both rear level sensors? I would take those off your hands. Let me know. Thanks.

Haha. Just realized my phone corrected it to arnoff bags instead of arnott.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
266 Posts
I would still check on the pump. If u put a pressure gauge on the valve in the back and turn on pump what is it reading. When I had a “good” pump it was reading like 35 psi. After installing new pump it went off the gauge and it was super fast unlike the other one. U can get fooling the suspension and jacking up the rear alittle. I used 2x4 on the hitch and lifted it enough for the compressor to kick on to air up the back

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would still check on the pump. If u put a pressure gauge on the valve in the back and turn on pump what is it reading. When I had a “good” pump it was reading like 35 psi. After installing new pump it went off the gauge and it was super fast unlike the other one. U can get fooling the suspension and jacking up the rear alittle. I used 2x4 on the hitch and lifted it enough for the compressor to kick on to air up the back
Ok. I will check the pressure with a gauge later on today. Hoping the pump is fine. I just bought it from a member here last year. I’ll try jacking up the rear a little too and see if it kicks in then. Thanks.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I’m aware of the spring conversion. I’m not interested in converting the truck. I’m pretty invested into the air ride at this point. New bags, new air lines from gm, and a used compressor from the forum. Also I like the leveling aspect for towing purposes.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Making a little progress with the air suspension. I tested the output of the pump as suggested and mine was well over 80psi. Off the gauge. I realized that the driver side bag has a lot less air than the passenger side. I tried adjusting the level sensor on the driver side and only got it to raise slightly. The truck is about 1inch lower on the driver side rear. No matter where I moved the leveler I couldnt really get a reaction from the compressor. I eventually got frustrated and started tightening the sensor back down. As soon as I started doing that. I heard the compressor kick on. Victory!! So I thought. The Compressor shut back off in about 5 seconds. Never got any change in ride height. I decided to pull the fuse to reset the system, opened the fuse box and the fuse was blown. Hmm. I put in a new fuse went to the back pushed the inflate button and it came on and didn’t immediately blow. Decided to mess with the sensor again ended up blowing another fuse. Swapped the sensor with a different one and couldnt get any reaction out of the compressor with that sensor either. Frustration ensued. I quit for the day. Any ideas? Thoughts? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,111 Posts
Short in the wiring on that sensor?
Or sensor has gone bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts