Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2007 SS
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to lower my truck; it's an '06 AWD. I have the Belltech front drop struts and Belltech Street Performance shocks for the rear in my basket - but I have two questions:

1) Since my truck is AWD the general consensus is I can not go lower than 31.25" - to achieve this I will need an 8MM spacer. Where can I get the spacers? I don't see an option to add them to my cart in the store's page, and don't see them on the inventory list at all in the store.

2) Are DJM a-arms NECESSARY? Yes, I will purchase/install them in the future, but don't want to spend $400 on them right now.

Thanks guys...hopefully I can order these today as long as I get these answers!

·
Registered
2007 SS
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for that super quick response! I'm assuming guys are getting negative camber with the front wheels - can't get it within spec. and the a-arms correct the issue?

EDIT:

Looked around/searched and looks like I can use the modified DJM a-arms that sell for $350. Might as well do it right and order everything one shot. Sorry for the stupid thread.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Yes I'd highly recommend A-arms. Unless you want the insides of your front tires to go bald

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,602 Posts
Main reason is the balljoint is pulled so far to one side when lowered it adds stress that can cause it to break (and they have).

You can often get them to align just fine.

A -arms are necessary.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
that is correct... all 06-early 08's did...

08-09 did not..

i have 2 2007's... they both rode like shit... they handled fine... but the blue/yellows... dont have the manners of an aftermarket strut.

blue/yellows are great for filling a box to put in the garbage... but not for suspending a 5000lb suv.

belltechs ride awesome.. and are a great value.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2007 SS
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I agree on all counts. I bought my truck a few months ago with 52K on it and it has a blown rear shock, I have the Bilsteins...I do not like the mannerisms of the truck at all on stock suspension.

The Belltechs are an awesome price...I am just being cheap right now that's all...haha.

I'll wait until next paycheck and buy everything one shot then send it off to get aligned. I can't wait to see how different it will respond after this new suspension.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Dam after reading this i am more anxious to get mine back.

Mine got installed early this morning but because its friday and everything goes to shit at my job on friday i am stuck on a job site until after the dealer closes!!!!!!!
Gonna have to wait until tomorrow.
I went ahead and did the struts at 1.5" and rear belltech shocks pan hard bar and still waiting for the DJM sway bar

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
I did the rear Belltechs and what a difference a $130 made. Going into turns is a whole different story now. No more sloppiness and bouncing around.

·
Registered
2007 SS
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Back from the dead...got the fronts done and holy shit the driver side a-arm front bolt is a PAIN IN MY ASS!!!!!!!

I need you guys to chime in and tell me I'm an idiot because the truck is sitting at 29-5/8" passenger side and 30.5" driver's side.

Problem is I like my cars low...I love the look of it as it sits but I know the dangers of being that low with the wheel bearings/axle...so I need you guys to tell me I'm dumb and to raise at least the passenger side which I will do. I wouldn't mind sitting at 30.5" on both sides front...you guys think I'm playing with fire?

For what it's worth when I get my cars aligned I bring them to a very very reputable shop that do Porsche/Lotus/etc. so I think that'll help me out a bit in the alignment department.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.