Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,563 Posts
Never seen those before, but they look cool.

Reactions: JustnSS

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let us know how they work out!!
Thanks guys I will let you know, they are plug and play and they just came out with these lights a few months ago

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
113 Posts
Those look pretty good. Can't wait to see how they look on a truck.
Cheaper alternative to the bermuda tails and then having to smoke them yourself, which is what I have and very happy with them.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those look pretty good. Can't wait to see how they look on a truck.
Cheaper alternative to the bermuda tails and then having to smoke them yourself, which is what I have and very happy w
Yea I cant wait either, hopefully the fitment will be good too

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update? I'm curious about performance in daylight. One side installed, side-by-side video would be awesome.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update? I'm curious about performance in daylight. One side installed, side-by-side video would be awesome.
Nothing yet, still waiting on the delivery for today, should have them in by this weekend and will take pics and video

Reactions: Stavski

·
Registered
9 Posts
Consider switching to an LED flasher instead of using resistors (although I'm not sure what the current spike would do to those lights. I used LED bulbs and it kept blowing brake fuse, but not turn fuse). I keep reading about resistors heating up, melting stuff, including plastics mounted to, double-sided tape, lighting housings...

I'm using "Novita LM487" LED-compat flasher. They can be found for under $45 on the web.

My personal issue with highly discounted LED tail lights is pathetically weak difference between park/running lights and brake/turn signals. Looks really silly and barely visible from afar while in operation.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Consider switching to an LED flasher instead of using resistors (although I'm not sure what the current spike would do to those lights. I used LED bulbs and it kept blowing brake fuse, but not turn fuse). I keep reading about resistors heating up, melting stuff, including plastics mounted to, double-sided tape, lighting housings...

I'm using "Novita LM487" LED-compat flasher. They can be found for under $45 on the web.

My personal issue with highly discounted LED tail lights is pathetically weak difference between park/running lights and brake/turn signals. Looks really silly and barely visible from afar while in operation.
So your saying that the tailights that come with everything built in to work with the led flashers might cause issues? I hope not I already had a set of Depos leds taillights and ran them for awhile with no issue, I’m only running leds in the turn signal mirrors, not the signal bulbs up front in the headlights, do you think I will have any problems?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got them, just have to install this weekend, I’m having a hard time figuring out where I will need to mount the little boxes, because there is limited space behind the taillight for them
25DCE1BF-8E31-4F30-9896-97BD7F9E5383.jpeg

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
9 Posts
There won't be an operational issue with the resistor boxes. You'll just have a fun time trying to mount them somewhere and try to mount them on metal, not plastic.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There won't be an operational issue with the resistor boxes. You'll just have a fun time trying to mount them somewhere and try to mount them on metal, not plastic.

Gotcha, ok cool, yea it looks like it will be a pain in the neck, but I will try my best

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I got the lights in today, biggest problem was finding a spot to mount the boxes, I wasn’t happy about that, but the only thing I could mount the boxes to was a piece of the bumper frame underneath with some zip ties and double sided tape, otherwise I’m really happy with the look and brightness so far, fitment was ok, but could have been better, but I expected that, and I took some days pics for you guys, next I will take some night ones to follow...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

41CADB73-EF90-4F15-A15E-C12FA2E7CE62.jpeg

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can’t figure how to post a video of the lights on here, does anyone know how I can do it?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts