Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all so I have a issue that I think I know the answer but want some input. I'm hearing a rattling sound at idle and I'm thinking it's my cats underneath?? What is the best fix and is this the reason my check engine light has been on lately? Thanks for any input I can get I'm running a stock exhaust with a resonator delete. What would be the best cost effective fix??

·
SSlow & high!
TrailblazerSS
2,256 Posts
Hey all so I have a issue that I think I know the answer but want some input. I'm hearing a rattling sound at idle and I'm thinking it's my cats underneath?? What is the best fix and is this the reason my check engine light has been on lately? Thanks for any input I can get I'm running a stock exhaust with a resonator delete. What would be the best cost effective fix??
Go to Autozone or Equivalent store who does free diagnostic checks to see what code it's reading & go from there :2cents:

Reactions: sleeper22

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,957 Posts
Agreed, see what code is for sure. You could also get under truck and pound on the cat a bit and see if you can replicate the rattling sound.. Could also be something else in the exhaust system, pounding on it a bit will help determine where its coming from. I also once had rattling noise coming from under there and it turned out to be the O2 sensor housing had come loose from the sensor, check those as well...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
76 Posts
I've also got a noticeable rattle when I hit any sort of semi-significant bump in the road, sounds like it might be a heat shield that came a little loose (had that scenario on another car in the past, sounds similar)? Haven't had a chance to get under the vehicle yet, but intend on doing so shortly. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts