Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never minded having ST since it did help a little in the snow and came on so sparingly before but the last few weeks it's been coming on pretty frequently, I could turn it off each time but the light annoys me. Anybody else have this happen? I thought I saw somewhere a while ago somebody saying one of the connections gets corroded and can be cleaned but I can't find it again and have no clue where it is. Any input is appreciated.

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
I'm having the same problem... Completely dry road... Driving straight at a constant speed, you can feel it kick out and the light flash... Also does it at low speeds and turning... "Service Stabilitrac" has flashed up a couple times, if it ever stays on constantely I'll take it in...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't had the Service Stabilitrak message in over a year, but now it just comes on with hardly any throttle going down the road.

·
HereSSY
O7' BLK AWD
399 Posts
Had the same problem, turned out the sensor was bad n had to get it replaced, might wanna get that checked.

·
HereSSY
O7' BLK AWD
399 Posts
Not sure actually, it was one of those things that was still under warranty so I took it to the dealer and thats what he told me, the stabilitrak sensor had gone bad:dunno:

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
This has been discussed and battled at nauseum, so do a little searching and you will see that there are a bunch of different things that can cause this...

To Steve specifically, since your issue onset with no changes or mods (assuming) I would look for it to be a faulty sensor, sensor connector/wire issue or a front hub possibly going out.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, so this morning I had ST turned off but it came on while making a lefthand turn? How the hell does that happen when it's turned off?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you know where the steering sensor is located and a part number?

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
clean your wheel speed sensors, I just sprayed mine with brake cleaner, and it fixed it. Seems like they atract crap to them, brake dust, super small pieces of metal, from where I have no idea. But try it, its an almost free fix. < $5

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmm I have non-oem hubs, I coulda sworn I had seen the message before I replaced them though. I feel stupid now, the sensor on the steering column are you talking about under the dash or under the hood? Also where are the wheels sensors so I can try cleaning them? This kinda stuff is foreign to me.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts