Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a after market pioneer double den in my 06” tbss, and I’ve had problems in the past with my radio not turning on. But I’d just turn the car off then back on, and it would work just fine. But now i got in It and the radio gets no power. I know it can’t be the fuses because I checked, fuses 13, and 41 in the rear. Pls help !!

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
779 Posts
Since it's an aftermarket radio they may not have used power from the factory radio. Who did the install? Did they use the PAC interface so you can use your steering wheel controls? Best way of eliminating failure points is to pull the radio and check the ground, constant power, and power with ignition.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is using PAC Because I can use my steering controls. And I’m not sure who installed it, I bought it with it installed already

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
997 Posts
Check your head unit ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
07' (1SS) RWD, flowmaster, Rockford Fosgate power, Pc wheels, rear coils,
18 Posts
I Had the same issue on mine the aftermarket head unit just went blank one day still had power and ground pulled it all out and added a single din pioneer with a deq 7600 single din right under and a dual amp setup i got beat now im gonna upload pics soon. check your harness and connections make sure you got proper voltage to HU,hopefully its not a big issue good luck.

·
Registered
06' Red Jewel 3SS,
348 Posts
I’ve had a somewhat similar issue this year. I have to turn my stereo off. It can be turned on and off at anytime, regardless of what position the ignition is in. It always worked before fine. My steering wheel controls got funky too, like the buttons got scrambled. I have to remember to turn it off when I get out. Any ideas what might be causing it? I bought it with the kenwood head unit installed, over 3.5 yrs ago, and this just started happening in August.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’ve had a somewhat similar issue this year. I have to turn my stereo off. It can be turned on and off at anytime, regardless of what position the ignition is in. It always worked before fine. My steering wheel controls got funky too, like the buttons got scrambled. I have to remember to turn it off when I get out. Any ideas what might be causing it? I bought it with the kenwood head unit installed, over 3.5 yrs ago, and this just started happening in August.

Has it always gave you the option to turn it on or off regardless of key position? sounds like it got wired directly to a 12v source and not a ignition on source, alot of times people and stereo shops believe it or not cut corners and wire stuff like crap id start by pulling out the head unit and having a look at the harness and where the yellow and red wire on the HU connect too. check for proper ground connection.

·
Registered
06' Red Jewel 3SS,
348 Posts
It didn’t always do this. Just started doing it this summer after it sat for a couple months with the pan off and I put headers on. Didn’t do anything with the interior. I get what your saying, I think once I pull the head unit I’ll find the constant power has somehow gotten crossed or shorted to the switched power on the head unit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It didn’t always do this. Just started doing it this summer after it sat for a couple months with the pan off and I put headers on. Didn’t do anything with the interior. I get what your saying, I think once I pull the head unit I’ll find the constant power has somehow gotten crossed or shorted to the switched power on the head unit.

That's weird I wonder if something might of gotten a bad connection or something with the wheel controls adapter might have gone bad I'm not too sure on that models harness since I have a 1SS I did order mine with the chime kit though it helps a lot to remind me to buckle up etc. Headers are badass i wish i can get some on but damn carb crap!

·
Registered
06' Red Jewel 3SS,
348 Posts
That's weird I wonder if something might of gotten a bad connection or something with the wheel controls adapter might have gone bad I'm not too sure on that models harness since I have a 1SS I did order mine with the chime kit though it helps a lot to remind me to buckle up etc. Headers are badass i wish i can get some on but damn carb crap!
That’s a good point. The steering wheel controls got screwed up too. Just haven’t take the time to dig into it. I didn’t install so I’ll have to learn what they did as I go. Headers were a nice upgrade, living in Michigan has its benefits

·
Registered
18 Posts
That’s a good point. The steering wheel controls got screwed up too. Just haven’t take the time to dig into it. I didn’t install so I’ll have to learn what they did as I go. Headers were a nice upgrade, living in Michigan has its benefits

Right on im sure you'll find any wiring diagrams on here if needed good luck on the repair, I bet they are i love headers too. it makes me want to leave cali that and the fact that everything is expensive asf here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey, I have a after market pioneer double den in my 06” tbss, and I’ve had problems in the past with my radio not turning on. But I’d just turn the car off then back on, and it would work just fine. But now i got in It and the radio gets no power. I know it can’t be the fuses because I checked, fuses 13, and 41 in the rear. Pls help !!
Did you install a mini computer behind the radio , because the radio is a part of antitheft system and many parts of the ignition.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
14 Posts
This started happening to me with my factory Radio all of a sudden.. Park the truck.. turn it off take key out.. Radio Stays on (this is normal.. as is being able to shut windows and sunroof) But all of a sudden i notice the radio wouldnt shut off when eventually opened the drivers door.. Weird sheeeet man.. I was however able to get it all to shut down by opening my Rear drivers door.... I am SUPPER curious if this works for you even though you have an aftermarket radio...

·
Registered
06' Red Jewel 3SS,
348 Posts
But all the lights and dash are shutting off from the door switch so I don’t think that’s it. I’ve had it stick on me too but everything else is turning off just not the stereo. Correct me if I’m wrong on this because obviously I can’t replicate it now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts