Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 346 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking at radiators on Ebay and started up a conversation with this company about making a TBSS radiator. They are from my home state so I figured it was worth a shot. Maybe if we had enough interest they could make one specifically for us if we can get one reasonably priced?
Just testing the water right now. Anyone else want to hit them up to see? I'm calling Mike up tomorrow.
Kev

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0260076180&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Dear dfw-wiz,

Kevin,
Thank you for your inquiry on our aluminum radiators. To answer your question; these radiators are a universal fit radiator. With that being said we cannot guarantee that they will fit in any direct application. As far as the cooling capabilities, these radiators are known to out cool copper 4 core radiators. We do list radiators on our website without the transmission cooler as well. I have provided a link below to our website where we have them for sale.

http://www.kmjent.com/cart/home.php?cat=20164621

I would be glad to help you and the people on your forum, in figuring out an affordable way to upgrade your vehicles. If you have anymore questions, feel free to email me back or contact me @ (515)-733-2890 Ext 224.

Thanks for shopping with KMJ Performance!
Check us out on www.KMJent.com also!
-Mike S.

- kmjperformance

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I can get KMJ to do it and its made in USA. :dunno:

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
I have purchased from them before...... Not gonna lie... it was some bullshit. Bought some efans and and they lasted about 2 weeks on a sbc s10.

I just bought the Ron Davis/Simple Engineering radiator. Its already designed to fit our trucks. $670 is a lot of money but you get what you pay for. I just got mine Thursday. Shits tight. :cheers1:

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Where does it say that they make them? I thought they only sell, not even sure if they stock these in house.

Just looking for clarification.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
Ours are 27" x 18 1/8" x 7/8" thick...

I believe we can fit upto 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" thickness

1 1/4" thickness would add 42.85% additional volume, 1 1/2" thickness would add 71.43% additional volume...

Not that there would be a straight correlation between the volume and additional cooling potential...

Maybe about 15% and 25% increase depending on the quality, row count, etc...

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
The Ron Davis is 40% over stock cooling capacity.

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
LMK how that works out for you Wade. I've been considering this mod.

unfortunately for my wallet I have been needing this mod too. Once I get the 80E swap handled I believe the Ron Davis is next up on my To-Do list.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
136 Posts
I'd buy this if we can make it fit.
What do you guys think it'll fit or no?

·
secret squirrel
TrailblazerSS
1,280 Posts
Where does it say that they make them? I thought they only sell, not even sure if they stock these in house.

Just looking for clarification.
clarified for the illiterate......:biggrin2:jkjk

I'd buy this if we can make it fit.
What do you guys think it'll fit or no?
maybe with a ball peen and a chisel....:rofl:

???

I was looking at radiators on Ebay and started up a conversation with this company about making a TBSS radiator. They are from my home state so I figured it was worth a shot. Maybe if we had enough interest they could make one specifically for us if we can get one reasonably priced?
Just testing the water right now. Anyone else want to hit them up to see? I'm calling Mike up tomorrow.
Kev
soooo, what are you waiting on?? get to it !!!!!!!!!!!:cheers1:

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
universal radiators in my past experiences have been nothing but junk... they are cheaply made garbage... for people who want to save money on cooling system parts..

just cause its an aluminum radiator, does not make it the same as a quality made piece from harrison, griffin, be cool, ron davis, ect, ect.

cheap usually isnt good, and good usually isnt cheap.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have purchased from them before...... Not gonna lie... it was some bullshit. Bought some efans and and they lasted about 2 weeks on a sbc s10.

I just bought the Ron Davis/Simple Engineering radiator. Its already designed to fit our trucks. $670 is a lot of money but you get what you pay for. I just got mine Thursday. Shits tight. :cheers1:
I thought I said I was looking into a radiator being made for us. No where did I say efans, besides that I already have my Dorman fans. Lets keep to the topic Wade. Just because you got some bad running fans and we don't even know the circumstances behind your problems with them, doesn't mean that their radiators are in direct association. What you stated is almost like saying one of your wheels is cracked and you need to junk the whole TBSS!!

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
With all the Money that big baller Kevin makes....He should front the whole project.
Maybe they will give him some golden badges to stick on his truck as the Top Tier Seller of their product.
Better to have big balls than no balls at eh Kyle?

1 - 20 of 346 Posts