Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Radar Dector/Jammer?

3K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  pharmd 
Mine has front and rear diffusers and when I get gunned it diffuses the signal and the gun gets a blank signal back. If you are alone on the road, they still can't get a speed off you. if I choose to I can't deactivate the diffusers while the gun is resetting, slow down, and let the cop radar or laser me again...this tine while not speeding
By diffuser I hope you mean Laser because there is no such thing as a practical Radar jammer that you can actually buy. Colorado something or another have been marketing a jammer for years and it's a complete waste of money. Trust me on this, I know a bit about speed radar........

Now, Laser jamming, that's available and perfectly legal since the frequency they use is not restricted. Here's one that I know works :biggrin2: http://www.blinder.dk/

Yes, the diffusers are strictly for the laser signals. Then we have tested the system before with a neighbor who is a State Trooper. Everytime he gunned me, his display showed no speed...it was blank (I believe).

I'm not an expert, I just know it works! You care to explain the technology involved in jamming, detecting, etc.?
Modern speed radar comes in a lot of flavors but the most widely used are K and Ka band units. K band broadcast on a set frequency and up until about 10 years ago it was fairly easy to fake them out. All you needed to do was transmit white noise on that frequency +- a few MHz and they would blank out. The old X band units were the same, piece of cake to jam.

Now, the radar manufacturers threw a twist at us when they introduced CW (carrier wave) based K band units. They units have the ability to filter out the spurious noise and lock onto the carrier wave and track a target. That was the end of being able to jam K band effectively.

Ka band uses a spread spectrum meaning they can transmit on any frequency within a failry wide range and they can modulate that signal so each pulse uses a different frequency within the range.

Jamming CW and Spread Spectrum based units is still possible but it involves a computer and the ability to track that CW signature and superimpose a false signal back to the gun. Technologically pretty easy but very expensive! The other kicker is that all modern radar units have a jammer detector. If you are transmitting then they will see you long before you see them. In many states that will get you locked up.

Like I said, there aren't any practical radar jammers out there on the open market. There may be a few on the black market but they will cost you thousands and are highly illegal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.