Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy purchased his 2011 f150 around the same time I bought my tbss, And hes been itching to see what his will do. I figured stock awd with 56k miles vs a extended cab shortbed twinturbo ecoboosted f150, should be a fair race.. Eh? From a 40 mph roll, I pulled about a length and a 1/4 and held him there. Was on a slight incline so I figured it'd actually help him put more load on the motor to boost quicker. Not to shabby for a brick on 20s =D. He wants a rematch when he gets a tuner for his.. I said sure.. With a trans cooler, stall, drop in filter, muffler delete and a tune haha.

Oh well this makes me feel :naughty: that a stock tbss can wax some ass from a descent roll.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
Should race from a light instead of ricer racing. :D

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
He's fucked from a dig. Seriously, I drove an ecoboost extended cab with 3.73 gears and a 5.0 back to back. I don't care what anyone says, there is boost lag/throttle response lag with the eco. The 5.0 had much more snort from a dig but ran out of gas up top.
Nobody has been dumb enough to mess with me in a while though. I would like to run across a tuned ecoboost.

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Ahhh...the mod up war begins. Love it. :D

Let the good times roll.

:cheers1:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
from a dig it will be way better for you.

isnt the ecoboost engine in the f150 the weakest engine option? (less power but better mpg?)

·
Resident Asshole!
2007 Tahoe
3,708 Posts
No, sadly the Eco is their fglag motor.... Kind of liek the 6.2 in our Silvy/Sierra's... Their 6.2 doesnt match up to the eco.... That's what has me SMH bout ford... How can your flagship motor be a TTV6, not a 6.2V8 that you have in your lineup?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha agreed totally. And the only reason we rolled from 40 is because there isn't to many descent two lane redlights around here anymore =/ Damn ricers got the cops watching them all. But yeah, He said his hp should be right around where mines at but I think I have a little more torque then him. And like I said, After it kicked down and tacked out, and shifted again, Is when I started to pull. Think I need some mods to keep me happy for now untill I can break something under warranty to justify the money that I stupidly spent on it. Then its getting everything I can get my hands on and afford to throw at it =D. But yeah, Im actually kind of interested to see what kind of power he can put down with a respectable tune/tuner. Might be a little closer next time haha.

·
Registered
61 Posts
No, sadly the Eco is their fglag motor.... Kind of liek the 6.2 in our Silvy/Sierra's... Their 6.2 doesnt match up to the eco.... That's what has me SMH bout ford... How can your flagship motor be a TTV6, not a 6.2V8 that you have in your lineup?
The same way GMs most impressive feat to date is still a TTV6.:dunno:

Maybe you forgot about that little black box...

·
Resident Asshole!
2007 Tahoe
3,708 Posts
The same way GMs most impressive feat to date is still a TTV6.:dunno:

Maybe you forgot about that little black box...

You mean TURBO V6.... Not Twin.... And, FYI, the Revolutionary was the 4.3 V6 by Lingenfelter... which was then laterd by the LT5 in the C4 ZR1 (Anyone forget???)..... I'd honestly say the most marvelled motor chevy has out now is the LS7....

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
I agree with Chad about the LS7. The other revolutionary motor IMO was the LS1, it changed the game:rock:

·
Resident Asshole!
2007 Tahoe
3,708 Posts
I agree with Chad about the LS7. The other revolutionary motor IMO was the LS1, it changed the game:rock:

I miss my 346ci 2 stroke.... ERR.... LS1!

Powerband was unreal.... I used to get accused of spraying on a H/C/I car that pulled liek no other on a 4L60 with 3.73's in second....

·
Registered
61 Posts
The TT was a whim from thinking about the ford. Regardless the LS9 can be thrown into that too if ya want but nothing is overly impressive about big power from so much damn displacement in the first place.

A turbo V6 that to this day is the icon of "badassery' GM has never made a more badass/intimidating car than the GNX. Which was a lil ol' v6. It holds a soft spot in my heart as a GM guy from a Mopar family, I'm use to the uses of substantial displacement to make someone impressive power. But somethin about accomplishing the same feats with less just impresses me more. I suppose thats why my favorite motor is the 4g63.. shhh don't tell anyone hahaha.

Of course its all opinion based.

·
Registered
9-7x Aero
189 Posts
I thought fords 6.2L was 411 hp and ~434 tq, the eco boost is like 365/420.

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
There was a Ford Flex with the TTV6 at the track one day. It had at least a tune and some fancy intake, and was running 13.7's.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD
4,748 Posts
I thought fords 6.2L was 411 hp and ~434 tq, the eco boost is like 365/420.
Yes, but the Eco pulls more weight and gets better mileage.

Also, the tq curve (since it's factory turbo'd) is pretty flat, IIRC.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD
4,748 Posts
My tq curve does this:

|
|
|
|
|

1 - 18 of 18 Posts