Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
TBSS
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda long, but well worth it! Cruising on the highway when I get closer to the Jeep. He looks over and gives me the smile... We proceed to exit on the same exit. We're at the light both turning left and we chat for a little, he asks what ive got done n i said "just an exhaust" then Make the left turn and stop at the light on the over pass. Light turns green and he gets the jump, Pulls a car on me and we hold it there till about 60... Next light turns red so we shut down.

He looks over and says "My Newphews got that same truck, hah"

I replied, "Yea nice... this time I ain't sleeping at the light"

Light turns green and we both jump, I jumped harder as his bumper stays at my back door up to 60 again! Slowed down to the next light (thank God we were catching three lights in a row!) As we approach the light both doing 15, the light turns green :) Mashed the throttle and so did he! Front ends both creep across the intersection as his bumper stayed at my gas door till about 60ish when I creeped him to about a full car. Then shut down at 80.. He rolled his windows back up and made a U-turn :)

His sounded stock but i wasnt sure. Man did I have a smile for hours...

·
Test tha rest, not Tha SS
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
NICE!!! :king1: F*CK THEM SRT8s!!!!:rofl:

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
2wd for the win! Is your best track time 13.7:dunno: Congrats BTW:cheers1:

·
Registered
TBSS
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I havent updated my sig in a while but ive got intake exhaust, tune, shift kit, trans cooler. Im not sure what i run now in this cooler weather.

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
with the mods you say you have you cannot take a jeep srt8 plain and simple..:smiley-poker:
I wouldn't say that, We had an intake tune only truck in the 12's.........................SRT8= No prob.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Nice kill i bet he was surprised that he lost!

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD
4,748 Posts
I wouldn't say that, We had an intake tune only truck in the 12's.........................SRT8= No prob.
Yeah, and I beat one with only a CAI/tune - at the track . He forgot to turn off his traction control, so he bogged at the launch.

"Shit happens" in the real world.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
58 Posts
I own both... I doubt this story is accurate.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,383 Posts
theta you got sport tubes on your tbss????? Yeah your prob used to off roading not racing that truck lol

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
58 Posts
Actually, it's my wife's car now. Had to pull the ole' switcheroo to get my new baby. /pets the SRT...

She likes the look of the tubes, though... Bangs her shoes off on them in the snow. They actually don't look as bad as running boards. Sadly, she f'd up the beautiful 22s you sold me, so there ya go...

Back on topic, I like both cars (SRT and the SS), so I own both... but I have to say that the cars I've beaten in the SRT fills a longer list than those in the SS. I still like the sound of the LS2 motor far better. ;)

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
so ur comparing a "very modded srt8 jeep" to a tune only ss. wat do u expect, mine as well compare a pullied 03-04 cobra to a tune only ls1 fbody. and i do believe this since most srt8s ive seen go 13.4-13.5 stock

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
so ur comparing a "very modded srt8 jeep" to a tune only ss. wat do u expect, mine as well compare a pullied 03-04 cobra to a tune only ls1 fbody. and i do believe this since most srt8s ive seen go 13.4-13.5 stock
:iamwithstupid:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
58 Posts
Nah, I was trying to objectively relate the feeling/opinion I had stock for stock...

Regardless, I have the note on both, and I'm one of you guys... don't eat me alive. :p

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD
4,748 Posts
The only reason your Jeep is "Loud and Slow" is because you don't have the all-weather mats and tinted tails in your sig. For Jeeps, that makes them 11second hoo-rides. FACT!

:bum::rofl:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts