Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
DIY
Trailblazer SS
1,012 Posts
They aren't worth much power though.
Right, which is why I've put off getting headers on my AWD. Shorties don't do much but I also don't have to take emissions where I live so catless is an option ;)

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
Right, which is why I've put off getting headers on my AWD. Shorties don't do much but I also don't have to take emissions where I live so catless is an option ;)
No one even makes shorties for a TBSS. Mac does make some for a 5.3 TB but the primaries are too small for a 6.0 and would probably make less power then stock manifolds. JBA, ARH, Edelbrock and a few others make shorties for really popular applications like pickups, mustangs, camaros, c5 vettes etc... just to offer the option for those that want to stay by the book.

·
DIY
Trailblazer SS
1,012 Posts
I wonder if anyone has tried bolting up LS1 shorties? Probably. Do you know the Dyno gains when adding LT headers to our trucks?

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
Headers on an AWD truck really are NOT that much harder to install... So what? You have to pull the front driveshaft. It takes 5-10mins.......

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
LT headers will make more power than the stock manifolds any way you look at it. The biggest gain you'll feel is through the top end pull. They definitely make a difference.

·
DIY
Trailblazer SS
1,012 Posts
LT headers will make more power than the stock manifolds any way you look at it. The biggest gain you'll feel is through the top end pull. They definitely make a difference.
See now that's the type of feedback I was waiting to hear. I found I got more top-end from removing my fan too. Top-end is where I've always felt my truck lacked so this is good to know.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
For the best top end bang, 4" FWI with LS7 maf and longtube headers with 3" y pipe. I noticed very healthy top end gains with these two mods. The only difference between installing headers on an AWD as opposed to the 2wd models is only the front driveshaft. No big deal at all...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
29 Posts
Headers on an AWD truck really are NOT that much harder to install... So what? You have to pull the front driveshaft. It takes 5-10mins.......
Building out my 2009 AWD TBSS...i am looking to get headers but wanna keep the noise and the heat down in the engine bay. I will also be running a Maggie 1900 and this will be my daily driver. Any good recommendations on brand of headers?
Y-pipe? Exhaust?

Thanks 👍
Pete
704 352-2658(text)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts