Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
outside working on truck trying to figure out why it's running like crap. Started checking plugs and wires. I'm currently running Taylor Thundervolt 50 wires. First 3 on driver's side ohm out at 35 and last one ohmed out at 300. Would this difference cause a problem? Thanks!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump. anyone?

·
secret squirrel
TrailblazerSS
1,280 Posts
quite possible. move that plug wire to another plug and see if it still happens...could be a plug itself also.:burp:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just finished pulling passenger side plugs and wires. I found one wire on that side @ almost 1500 ohms. Went ahead and put new plugs and i am going to put my stock wires back on for now.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a helluva difference. I would say it's not helping for sure.
I didn't know if the one at 300 would matter being that the stock wires are almost 800 ohms.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
I:iamwithstupid:
I bought msd wires and they ohmed (sp?) higher than the stockers.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
I thought the lower the better. Care to teach

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, changed all the plugs and put stock wires back on. Still running like crap. My buddy that usually does all my work for me is down, just had back surgery. So, truck will be sitting for a while until I can tow it somewhere. I don't guess any of you guys live close enough to come fix it for me, eh? :biggrin2:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Have you checked coil outputs? Some coils will take a dump.
No, I haven't done anything else to it. Had to come home after work yesterday and do some sheetrock repair in my a/c closet. So, can you tell me how to check them?

@PapaBear- I haven't noticed any codes.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Can anyone tell me how to check the coil packs? I have one off the truck now.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,440 Posts
Well one way would be to move a coil pak around with another but if you measure conductivity on each of them to see if they are uniform also like the wires. A bad one will not conduct the same as a good one.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I meant, which pins would i check resistance on. All i could find on google search was for LS1 packs. Not sure if it's the same. But testing them like that, all driver's side were same. About to pull passenger side.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts