Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was a quick little 25-95 run with the new true dual 3" I used Magnaflow muffler PN 12469 with 2 turndown tips (dumps) before the axle. This is just the street tune by the way... since this is about how I drive it all the damn time, dont wanna blow shit up. Maybe Joe can explain why we are doing this. As he says, "we will put her on 'kill mode' when track time comes. lol

Mike, I took this before we had the talk about me taking my video shots "sideways" so you can see the video in widescreen. This is more for sound purposes anyway.

The rattling you hear is the change in my cupholers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scHobaLSEjk

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
I love the good ol' whine....

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,278 Posts
How come some supercharges scream and some are tame? Is it intake that muffles the sound? Yours sounds awesome BTW!

·
Premium Member
TBSS
1,860 Posts
i can barely hear mine because im only at 6 pounds...hes in the 12-13 range where the 1900 loves to be/scream!!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,797 Posts
I noticed when I took the stock silencer off and put an elbow on the maf with a filter the whine and response of the 1900 completely changed

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How come some supercharges scream and some are tame? Is it intake that muffles the sound? Yours sounds awesome BTW!
The older MP style blowers screamed like they were getting raped by a stepfather at 5psi. These 1900's at 5 psi are quiet... You need a hearing aid to hear the whine. But you sure do feel the power... I didnt start hearing mine whine until I bumped up to 7psi. Then I went to 8ish... whined a little more, added the 8 rib and the 10% overdrive balancer and holy damn she woke up.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
That's the sound ForceFed Matt is looking for.

I love the Mike disclaimer. LOL

Sounds AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
2,008 Posts
Not only does it sound great, it sounds strong! :coolthumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts