Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I am about to pull the trigger on some new rotors. I want drilled and slotted because of the looks, but have herd that when the slotted rotors go from hot to cold quickly they tend to crack. I live in the mountains of TN and the lowest temp we see all winter is right around 16 degrees. I just dont want to go all out and do drilled and slotted if this is the case since my truck is my DD it gets driven in the winter. Any feedback is greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
I think it's the drilled holes that crack, not the slots. I really wanted slotted only but the deal I got on ebay rotors was too good to pass up on drilled and slotted, they work great. Honestly though good blanks are probably the best bet.

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How are the rotors with the winters you have in PA Steve? Just trying to prevent having to do more maintenance spend more money etc if they crack. When that situation could be avoided in the first place.

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hogwash! Put whatever type rotors you want on it. I have had all kinds and I am not too far from you.
Have you ever driven through lets say a foot of snow around 16 degree weather man? Just trying to pick the best option honestly would love to do both drilled and slotted and call it day. But not if in the winter I might crack a rotor from normal driving.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
How are the rotors with the winters you have in PA Steve? Just trying to prevent having to do more maintenance spend more money etc if they crack. When that situation could be avoided in the first place.
Well the new ones haven't seen a winter yet, only been on a few weeks, honestly I don't think it'll be an issue. I wouldn't have gone drilled if they weren't such a good deal but unless you get them scorching hot then drive though a snow pile... shouldn't crack.

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea that makes sense, just OCD and was looking at getting an idea before I pull the trigger. I can order both drilled and slotted or one or the other, they are 279.99 shipped. Which isnt a bad deal at all for all 4.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
Have you ever driven through lets say a foot of snow around 16 degree weather man? Just trying to pick the best option honestly would love to do both drilled and slotted and call it day. But not if in the winter I might crack a rotor from normal driving.
If you don't buy Ebay junk or some POS rotors you wont have to worry about cracking. It's all in the design of the cross drilling and how they coat the rotor. Normal driving & cold weather should not affect any rotor around here.

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yea definitely not ebay junk lol, hopefully your right Ryan. Here is a pic of the actual rotors drilled and slotted option. They are zinc plated, at least thats what the add says.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
I got the R1 premium slotted rotors and they work great.

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My ebay "junk" is also zinc plated.
Well Steve I pulled the trigger and ordered drilled and slotted. Hopefully both of our sets stand up to the cold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.