Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So due to the high cost of catback exhausts for our trucks and lack of power gains I decided to just run the round Borla XR1 3"in/3"out muffler in place of my stock muffler. I also purchased 5ft of 3" Borla stainless tubing and a new Borla exhaust tip that's 3" in and 4.25" out. How do I go about having this installed? I completely forgot that our exhaust is 2.75" after the muffler and that it goes up and over the axle... Did I buy the wrong stuff? Can an exhaust shop use what I have and re-run it over the axle? Will I have enough piping? I just am trying to make sure I have everything I need because the shops around me don't carry stainless tubing and I don't want that shitty aluminized that rots out.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
255 Posts
I had magnaflow 3" muffler welded by a shop to 2.75' stock pipe with no issues. I believe the difference is small enough where you don't even really need to expand the stock pipe. Maybe not the best way, but that's how mine was done....4 years later....no issues, no exhaust leaks, rattles, etc...as good as the day they welded it in.

·
Registered
06 3SS TBSS RWD
882 Posts
Well its all the bends you need to make a full 3" exhaust. Or just weld in the muffler and be done with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts