Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I have to listen to AM radio on my 2006 TBSS, and whenever I do, every 30 seconds I hear an annoying "beep". I only hear it when I am listening to anything on AM radio and it is very consistent every 30 seconds. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
872 Posts
It's required by the FCC. They do that to wake you up because AM radio puts you to sleep LOL. Sorry I don't have any real input.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's required by the FCC. They do that to wake you up because AM radio puts you to sleep LOL. Sorry I don't have any real input.

Haha. Yeah, AM radio sucks. Have you tried an AM station on your TBSS to see if it beeps too? I listen to a certain sports talk station when I get out of their range and the every 30 second beep makes me fu%king crazier than I already am. I'm curious to know if others have the same issue on AM.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
872 Posts
If my radio worked I'd offer to listen to AM but, it hasn't worked since I bought it from the previous owner. I just listen to the sweet sound of my cammed LS2.

Reactions: Surferdude

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If my radio worked I'd offer to listen to AM but, it hasn't worked since I bought it from the previous owner. I just listen to the sweet sound of my cammed LS2.

No problem, thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is your radio the stock factory one or has it been replaced by something else?
Stock factory radio. I listen to a particular sports talk station, 680, and their signal is pretty bad, so the farther out I go the signal gets very weak on FM. On AM I can still listen sometimes 150+ miles away but the beep is very annoying. I tried other AM stations and the lower numbered ones have the beep, higher ones do not. Makes no sense. Oh well, no big deal.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
185 Posts
Have you tried this with another vehicle, driving the same route listening to the same station?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
162 Posts
I have read that the radio must be paired with the ECM of the vehicle. I don't know how your radio may have become unpaired or if it has. However you may want to do some research in this area.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
185 Posts
Hmm, the next thing to try is another factory radio. Then you’ll know if it’s the radio or the car…

Gotta love electrical gremlins! I’m still scratching my head on what it could be.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have read that the radio must be paired with the ECM of the vehicle. I don't know how your radio may have become unpaired or if it has. However you may want to do some research in this area.
I don't know, radio works fine otherwise. It's not that often that I have to listen to that particular AM station, but when I do, it makes me a little crazy. 👹

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmm, the next thing to try is another factory radio. Then you’ll know if it’s the radio or the car…

Gotta love electrical gremlins! I’m still scratching my head on what it could be.
Yup, electrical gremlins are a PITA's. I'm not willing to go to the trouble to try another radio, however, that is a good idea to eliminate something. Thanks

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
50 Posts
Have you tried to pop the fuse to the radio on and off? Not much of a help but something…

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Have you tried to pop the fuse to the radio on and off? Not much of a help but something…
Haven't tried that, but had to replace the battery recently, kinda maybe the same thing. I had to have the fuse block replaced too a while back for the well known issues with those things. The radio has always had the beeps on the stations on the lower spectrum. Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts