Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD Red Jewel
1,713 Posts
yes, they are meant to go inside the transmission. They don't help by simply placing them in the cargo area. I have heard though that if you add 8qt's of ATF to the cargo area with the boxes of parts you will experience HUGE performance gains. The fluid cannot be in the container for this mod to work effectively.

Congrats on the trans toys. They make for a nice trans

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, they are meant to go inside the transmission. They don't help by simply placing them in the cargo area. I have heard though that if you add 8qt's of ATF to the cargo area with the boxes of parts you will experience HUGE performance gains. The fluid cannot be in the container for this mod to work effectively.

Congrats on the trans toys. They make for a nice trans
Thanks for the tip Brian :)

Calling the shop tomorrow to see if I can get it in. Its about a 65 mile trip for me to the shop I chose.

Need to pick up Dex VI too. Anyone know if any filter that is better than another?

I realize trans filters are not as rocket science as "awl" filters.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Thanks for the tip Brian :)

Calling the shop tomorrow to see if I can get it in. Its about a 65 mile trip for me to the shop I chose.

Need to pick up Dex VI too. Anyone know if any filter that is better than another?

I realize trans filters are not as rocket science as "awl" filters.

make sure to get the stock filter its a anti foaming one different than other 4l60es.

·
Registered
157 Posts
4L60, 4L65 and 70 are all the same. Just make sure you get an OEM filter. Your shop should stock the right one. They are only 10-15 bucks.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
nope the 4l70e ont he tbss has a different part number. its anti foam. Supercooling showed me this when he rebuilt my tranny. the 4l60e filter was totally different as far as design. if you need a part number ill get it for you.

·
Registered
'06 TBSS
652 Posts
Is there a list of parts in another post somewhere. I'd like to start getting an idea of what I may need for my buildup. Price for parts?

·
Registered
157 Posts
nope the 4l70e ont he tbss has a different part number. its anti foam. Supercooling showed me this when he rebuilt my tranny. the 4l60e filter was totally different as far as design. if you need a part number ill get it for you.

Yep NORCAL is correct. I forgot about the new design for the 70's. NORCAL you know your sh*t. Can't slide one by you can we?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
1,133 Posts
What's the filter PN?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts