Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Trailblazer SS
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be purchasing a copy of HPTuners and a cable from a member of the board and I am trying to find out if I will need anything other than the cable and disk that is supplied with it? From what I have been reading there is some type of activation code? Thanks for any insight.

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Not sure if hptuners support private sale of copies. You will need serial number and activation code. You will also need the credits to upload the tune to your car/truck.

Just buy it from hptuners and forget this hassle.

Sent from Galaxy SS via a cool tapatalk app.

·
No mods honey, I swear...
TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
I bought mine used and using it was a piece of cake. As stated above, you just need the serial number and the previous owner's login info so you can change over your info on the HPT website. If you run into trouble, the HPT support team is very helpful.

·
Registered
2008 Trailblazer SS
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure if hptuners support private sale of copies. You will need serial number and activation code. You will also need the credits to upload the tune to your car/truck.

Just buy it from hptuners and forget this hassle.

Sent from Galaxy SS via a cool tapatalk app.
For a $200 savings I will deal with getting it working. I already spoke with a Tech @ HPtuners and he said no issue with a private sale.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Just did the same, you should get the info you need from the previous owner and have them reset all of their info to yours including the password. No big deal, mine works perfect, the only issue i had was i run windows 7 and had to find a modified copy of 2.2 that didnt have a certain setup requirment when installing. PM me if needed. Take care mark

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
For a $200 savings I will deal with getting it working. I already spoke with a Tech @ HPtuners and he said no issue with a private sale.
Nice savings...well worth it. Didn't know, now I know when I sell mine. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.