Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just told me that the AWD TBSS was already on the flatbed before she got there with the keys. How could they pull my TBSS onto the flatbed without putting it in Neutral??

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
I've seen the same almost everyday across my workplace. Tow drivers either use wheel dollies on some while others they just drag the vehicle up the flatbed.

No respect for the car...all they care about is the money.

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealership sent "his guy" to tow it. I reminded him it was AWD and a flat bed is needed, I also told him we lived 5 minutes away and my wife would be there as soon as they called.

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wife said no, there was nothing under the tires when she saw it up there. She doesn't understand the AWD thing but remembers what it was on the flatbed like.

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So how do I go after the dealership about it? That had to have messed something up. I'm freaking the fuck out, the engine blows and now they do this. It's ridiculous.

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
Well if it is going to the dealership, and "their guy" came and picked it up, anything they fubared is on them. Dont sweat it too much.

·
Premium Member
06 RWD Whitey
6,023 Posts
Nope, don't sweat it, but make it known!
So later on down the road you can say well on (towed date) I questioned (service guys name) in regards to this and this was his response to my concern....

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
They usually have rollers...I wouldn't sweat it like the others said. unless it was AAA!

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
They can also reach underneath and disconnect the shifter cable. Once the shifter cable is off they can select neutral and pull it on real easy.

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
do you really think the tow guy is going to do that though joe? The guy probably has barely enough intelligence to operate the truck.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
56 Posts
I have seen vehicles in park pulled onto a flatbed, it can be done right, if tow driver takes the time & backs up to the wheels and push the tow truck under the dead vehicle and having the dead vehicle wheels slide on the steel flatbed, not so bad, but if they just drag the vehicle up w/ tires dragging on the ground may leave flat spots on tires & undue stress to other drivetrain items. To use dollies it takes time and alot of work that truck drivers don't/can't/won't do in most cases(they don't get paid for this). If you dont see flat spots on tires I would not worry to much but would have it documented in any case.

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'm dealing with one of the "Managers" at the dealer. I'm going to call him monday and tell him that the tow truck driver did this, so any further damage I can see/hear/feel, will be repaired by them. There are cameras all over where the truck broke down. I can get those if I need to get dirty with these people.

Also, what are my options legally? It was bought in IL and I live in IN. I don't even want it anymore, I feel like it's complete junk. Can I request they replace it with another one? Can I prove anything with this tow truck? Should I call GM? Attorney General?

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
970 Posts
My only advise is to kill them with kindness. Dont be demanding and angered because remember, they have your truck all to themselves for the next long while. Approach it from a "how can we solve this" angle rather than a "fix my fucking shit" angle. This was the biggest piece of advice I got from fellow members when i was having a shit show with my truck. It may hurt the ego, but it will undoubtedly get you further. Then once all is said and done, GTFO of that dealership.

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been nice and they've been nice. They just have an idiot and careless tow truck driver. My wife said the guy told her "I'm very meticulous". I wish I would have been there, I knew I should have called off work. I will be nice. After this I also realized a warranty is for the birds. I'd rather have coined 2k for a decent forged rotating assembly than deal with this plus further wear and tear due to ignorance. Monday I'm calling my trans guy. I'm going to do the trans, diffs, and some suspension work before I get to the engine. I've noticed with all cars I've raced/drove, It's better to beef up the weak points before making more power. Fuck the warranty. This summer is Maggie time :drive1:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
56 Posts
Just a ?, if you bought/have a warr. do you have to return to the selling dealer or can you go to your shop/friend or another dealer? If you say there are cameras you may just ask to look at them now before you get to worried about other damages. I am with Max on the kindness side and use camera video if needed later even if no tow damage, you can say why should I trust you the dealer if dealer tow driver jerked my awd truck around and didn't wait for the keys. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
i drove a tow truck for 6 years and just about every car with no keys i would get under IF possible to disconnect the shift cable... OR i would dolly the rears only and pull it up..

awd i would have to use 4 dollys or just wait for a key... if i had nothing..

i always had 5 gallons of water on the truck for washing fluid and oil dry off roads from accidents... i would soak the bed and back right up to the tires with the bed. then with a wet aluminum bed... those tires would slide just like ice.. id get the fronts on... then back up to the rears.... its a major PITA to drag a car up or get under when time is money... but its just what had to be done...

keep your cool, i honestly wouldnt worry about it... get it in, get it fixed, make note of what happened, with the dealer as well, and see how it acts when you get it back...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The warranty isn't really worth it to me anymore. After I get it back my buddy is going to do the trans. After that is there a way to beef both diffs? Maybe a 4.10 gear, can't remember stock gearing. After that I'll do a forged shortblock. I'd rather spend the money, build it how I want, and DRIVE it. Not let it sit at a dealer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts