2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need for Speed vs. Gran Turismo??

·
Registered
05 Colorado
300 Posts
I got the Need for Speed last week i like it because its pretty straight forward. You either race or chase. I haven't played GT5 yet so i don't know anything about it....it looks cool though.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need for Speed looked good...I'm basically looking for a straightforward game...is Need for Speed the one where you can be the cops also?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,422 Posts
Gran Turismo 5 hands down

there is so many different types of racing in the game it is hard to get bored, where in Need for speed you might.

some racing types in the game Go kart, rally, drift, nascar, and the usual gran turismo racing with sweet cars.

·
Registered
249 Posts
NFS..... More effort went into it. It's also got more options as a user. The graphics are better for environment . GT5 has in car camera, NFS doesn't.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
I downloaded the demo for NFS, it was alright. I love gt5 tho its soo addicting. I have always liked both franchises. if i had to choose it would be gt5 all the way. like the above post, there is just so much to do. Its a little more user friendly compared to gt4, but gameplay is basically the same. In car view is sweet too.

Not enough cool american cars in gran turismo.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
55 Posts
Gran Turismo all the way. The gameplay is way more realistic and they have probably triple the number of cars as Need for Speed.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
NFS..... More effort went into it. It's also got more options as a user. The graphics are better for environment . GT5 has in car camera, NFS doesn't.
More effort went into it? How many times was GT5 pushed back from its original release date? NFS is just another super franchise that was gunned out to make more money. I havent even played it, but, if its anything like the last NFS games....its a train wreck. I used to "love" how the cops and other cars in the past games could hit you and spin you out....but you hitting them was equal to hitting a wall.

As for in car views, the only cars that GT has that for is the Premium cars, which is only several hundred of the 1000. Premium cars are also the only ones that can have Aero added, and swap wheels. Keep in mind though, Sony will be updating the game constantly, so it will only get better and more will be added.

I downloaded the demo for NFS, it was alright. I love gt5 tho its soo addicting. I have always liked both franchises. if i had to choose it would be gt5 all the way. like the above post, there is just so much to do. Its a little more user friendly compared to gt4, but gameplay is basically the same. In car view is sweet too.

Not enough cool american cars in gran turismo.
GT5 is addicting, as were the other 4. It is a great game and has come a long way since GT1. The lack of american cars can be explained though. There is a lack of US presence in actual Touring circuits, so only the handful that compete make it to the game.

Gran Turismo all the way. The gameplay is way more realistic and they have probably triple the number of cars as Need for Speed.
^This.

2/3 are ricers.....
:doh:

GT does have its faults though, as I am SURE NFS does. Some of the license tests are ridiculous(you cant hit a car, but if you get in their line and they hit you, you get DQ'd.), and it does glitch here and there...especially when staging for rallys. I have a saved playback of my car sliding sideways across the road waiting for my turn to stage lol. If you can look past those minor things though, its a great game, and is well worth the money. I just wish they had drag racing, or at least the 0-400m tests like the other games had.

·
Registered
249 Posts
More effort went into it? How many times was GT5 pushed back from its original release date? NFS is just another super franchise that was gunned out to make more money. I havent even played it, but, if its anything like the last NFS games....its a train wreck. I used to "love" how the cops and other cars in the past games could hit you and spin you out....but you hitting them was equal to hitting a wall.
In regards to time, NFS was more efficient. For how long GT5 took, NOBODY should have ANYTHING negative to say about it. It didn't do well in the "pro" ratings. I prefer street racing, too, though. NFS HP is quite a bit different in many respects, though stays true to the HP series.

BTW, time doesn't necessarily mean quality.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts