Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have all the quotes back on Laser Cutting and Material Cost.

The price for the first batch production run will be $850.00 for all the parts in the kit. This price will be going up after the first batch.

The kits will include the Crossmember, Transmission Mount Spacers, Transmission Cooler Lines, Plug/Play Harness and a Programmed TCM.

**4L80E/4L85E Transmission Crossmember - http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48972

**4L80E/4L85E Transmission Mount Spacer Kit - http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49574

**4L80E/4L85E Transmission Cooler Lines (-6 AN S/S Lines, -6 AN Trans Fittings) - http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49027

**4L70E to 4L80E/4L85E Plug and Play Conversion Harness - http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49573

Please copy and send a PM or E-Mail with the information below and I will add your name to the list and I will call for your credit card information.

PM - Click on my User Name and select Private Message
E-Mail - [email protected]

Product: 4L80E/4L85E Conversion Parts
Vehicle: TBSS (2WD or AWD)
Year:
Name:
Billing/Shipping Address:
Phone Number:

This list will be used for the pre-order on all the parts listed above. No payments will be taken until the products are going to Powdercoat.

1) SYNISTER (2007 TBSS 2WD)
2) oahuboy808 (TBSS AWD)
3) TrailLaser (2006 TBSS 2WD)
4) RatRaceway (2007 TBSS AWD)
5) JAY4SPEED (2008 TBSS 2WD)
6) Sedg (TBSS AWD)
7) NorthernSS (2006 TBSS AWD)
8) SuperSlow15 (2008 TBSS 2WD)
9) runin11z (2006 TBSS 2WD)
10) Sold (2007 TBSS 2WD)

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Will this trans work on a 06?

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
I am working with Greg at Phoenix Transmissions, he is making the adapter and tail shaft for the AWD.
I'm on my third adapter design, I'm trying to bring this to market as strong and as affordable as possible to make it appealing to the greatest number of potential users. the AWD conversion will require the shortening of one driveshaft and lengthening of another(new shaft tube) so this is an expense greater than the easier two wheel drive conversion. I hope to have a definative in the next couple weeks on the latest design which incorporates the GM cast iron trans to transfer case adapter for optimum strength.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'm on my third adapter design, I'm trying to bring this to market as strong and as affordable as possible to make it appealing to the greatest number of potential users. the AWD conversion will require the shortening of one driveshaft and lengthening of another(new shaft tube) so this is an expense greater than the easier two wheel drive conversion. I hope to have a definative in the next couple weeks on the latest design which incorporates the GM cast iron trans to transfer case adapter for optimum strength.
I should have the Test (fit prototype, no load) Transmission Crossmember heading to you by Monday for your testing.

·
Registered
SSR
19 Posts
Programmed TCM

Do we send in our TCM for reprogramming or is this a new TCM reprogrammed to 4L80 E Spec? Once reprogrammed does this TCM still interface with the ECM and BCM?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,502 Posts
I figured as much. Looking forward to final results and pricing. My 70E will hold out till then N/A

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Programmed TCM

Do we send in our TCM for reprogramming or is this a new TCM reprogrammed to 4L80 E Spec? Once reprogrammed does this TCM still interface with the ECM and BCM?
This will be a new TCM that is programmed for the 4L80E that will plug right in. The interface is seemless just like the factory TCM.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NorthernSS you are added to the list above.

I need to get everyone that is on the list already to post the year of their TBSS. Thanks!

·
Registered
07 Black TBSS
288 Posts
Besides this kit, What else is needed besides the built 4l80E, stuff such as a new drive shaft and any other parts? I'll have to check with Greg, but what is the cost of a built 4L80E?

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Besides this kit, What else is needed besides the built 4l80E, stuff such as a new drive shaft and any other parts? I'll have to check with Greg, but what is the cost of a built 4L80E?
You will need the transmission slip yoke and the conversion universal. The stock driveshaft was perfect in length.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,062 Posts
Is The 80 Longer Than The 70? I Guess The Transfer Case Needs To Be Moved Back Then? I Guess If It Was A Matter If Making A Smaller Adapter And Keeping the Stock Transfer Case Location You Would Have. I've See On Xtreme 4X4 Something Called A Slip Yoke I Think. Where The Drive Shaft Slides Into And Out Of Itself. Would It Be Easier To Use Something Like That (A Universal Type Adjustable Length) Instead Of Two Custom Length Shafts. Just Asking, Don't Know For Sure.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts