Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to gather some opinions on a comparison. I'm due for new pads so probably going to go for the whole deal while i'm at it.

Considering Slotted only.

Thanks for some input. CRYOS also in the running.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,787 Posts
power slots,, i have dimpled and slotted and love them...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
I am about to do R1 brakes and rotors as well. I will keep an eye on this post to see what the best combo is for the buck.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
I have all 4 slotted cryo power slots sitting in the garage. Hoping to get them this weekend. Can't wait to see how they perform. I have always heard others talk about the cryo power slots, so I decided to see.

R1 Concepts
Autoanything
Frozen Rotors

Try those folks out.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
441 Posts
i think the pad has most to do with the powerformance hence my buddy bought shitty rotors and had nice pads laying around and he litteraly ate up the rotor in a bout a month because they were to agressive super deep indents.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
R1 premium slotted rotors an ceramic pads work great!

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Pwrslt with hawks on the wifes burban....I don't care about the dust that's what soap and water are for. FYI stops on a dime picks it up and gives you change!

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,585 Posts
Can slotted/cross-drilled rotors be turned on a brake lathe during pad changes?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yes you can turn the rotors but it is not recommended because turning the rotors will cause the rotors reach to their minimum thickness. You do not need to turn rotors when changing to new pads.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
I just wanted to chime back in with my findings after the install. Like I mentioned above I did Powerslot cryo rotors & EBC greenstuff pads. I really didnt expect much, but seriously there is quite a noticeable difference. I would recommend the combo to anyone.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just wanted to chime back in with my findings after the install. Like I mentioned above I did Powerslot cryo rotors & EBC greenstuff pads. I really didnt expect much, but seriously there is quite a noticeable difference. I would recommend the combo to anyone.
Actually been meaing to update this thread ---- i went with Powerslot Cryos coupled with Hawk LTS pads. Will surely update with pics and comments when i get em installed.

Also have SS brake lines from Evil to throw in. Should be a huge upgrade from stock.

Also for anyone interested in Powerslot rotors, check out LPIRACING.com. Great prices from what i found.

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
Looking to get new rotors soon and debating whether I want to change all four to slotted and drilled (which would probably mean new pads too) or just get the OEM blanks for the front and call it done.

Are there really any differences in our stopping power with drilled and slotted rotors?

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Mike I got the slotted powerslots no cryo with hawks for the wifes suburban (the bus)...answer yes they do make a difference. Fucking thing stops on a dime and gives you change! GM brakes suck!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
Looking to get new rotors soon and debating whether I want to change all four to slotted and drilled (which would probably mean new pads too) or just get the OEM blanks for the front and call it done.

Are there really any differences in our stopping power with drilled and slotted rotors?
I have had cross drilled rotors before and didnt like them. They produce a noise when stopping that resembles crickets chirping. Slotted is the way to go IMO. It really is an improvement/upgrade over OEM or blanks. You will be amazed the difference it makes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts