Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give a little feedback on my recent purchase/install on my TBSS's brakes. I never really expected much of a difference going into this. I mean all I was doing was changing the same size rotor out and new pads right? Boy was I impressed & surprised!

The rotors are the slotted version. I had some 8 piston Brembos on my last ride that were drilled. They were nice, but the drilled holes made too much noise to me. Sounded like a cricket chirping or something. So I decided to try a slotted rotor this time. Good grab, and no noise during braking. Very nice.

The EBC Greentstuff pads claimed to be a slight improvement over OEM. I was replacing OEM rotors and Wagner pads. Not sure the pad type. The pads are almost dust free compared to the Wagners. And the initial bite of the pads are awesome all the way to a full out panic stop.

Lets see how the cryo treated pads hold up through the lifetime. As of right now I would buy & suggest this combo to anyone.

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
How many miles so far?

Pricing?

I was impressed that fade didnt come on too quick as the stock pads and rotors. I have rotorpros and ceramic pads. Love the low dust.

Sent from Galaxy SS via a cool tapatalk app.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say only around 1K miles so far.

I paid about $600-625 for all 4 rotors, pads, and fluid. probably not as good of a deal as you can get R1 concepts on here. I already used the EBC pads on other cars so I wanted to stick with them.

I'd like to add a set of the braided s/s lines too. /jerk

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Sounds like good stuff but a little on the high end for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.