Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over winter i was doing donuts and kept the steering wheel turned all the way turned bc I didn't know it would damage anything and then my power steering pump started making a light wine and never got worse but over time the steering got stiffer when rpms were low so when I was backing up or turning from a stop I would need to feather my pedal and get them up a bit so I could turn. And tonight i parked it after driving for a bit and it was fine, then i took it back out and pretty much no power steering. Fluid is still there. I dont know how the steering pump works so if someone who does could tag along I would highly appreciate it! And for those of you who don't know. Dont keep your steering wheel turned all the way馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: About 5 mins later right before pulling into my neighborhood I was going like 30 and I had power steering again. Turned into the neighborhood easy, dropped someone off, still worked but right when I got to my house it stopped working again.

Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
Same thing happened in mine years ago, wasn't doing doughnuts but was making my way up a snow covered street on an incline. Had the keep the tires going or I would've slid backwards and off the road. Power steering pump is burned up. Ended up having to get a reman unit. It's a little louder than stock one, but it works. Doubtful you could find a new OEM one, but I would suggest trying that first as aftermarket and reman units aren't as quiet as the factory one!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts